Newbie For Electrical Contractor

horsegoer

Hello,

I'm glad I found this site. I am an electrical estimator for a electrical shop and a friend of mine just gave me 2008 that I downloaded on my home computer. I know NOTHING about using autocad. Can anyone recommend where I should start? I would like to buy a book, video etc.

Thanks you very much!!!!

When I was learning I found AutoCAD for Dummies was very useful. There are various sites with Tuotrials out there as well, and if you get stuck we're all here to help to you.

Welcome to CAD Tutor!

I found Ebay to have some very inexpensive options regarding assistance books.. just need to be sure they're 2008, and shoot for the ones that say "Disc included".

It doesn't hurt to google for reviews on the books before buying.

I found Ebay to have some very inexpensive options regarding assistance books.. just need to be sure they're 2008, and shoot for the ones that say "Disc included".

It doesn't hurt to google for reviews on the books before buying.

And, be sure to check Amazon for AutoCAD books. Many to choose from.

No one ever mentioned, you need a heavy-duty book shelf too! :glare:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=autocad+2008&sprefix=autocad+2008

Thanks a lot everyone. I just bought 2008 autocad bible used for $25. Hope it's good.

Good choice, excellent reference material and a lesson book too. :wink: