AutoCad 2010 Application Error

somuchsoles

I'm hoping someone could give me advice regarding my issue.

I have been using this version of AutoCad for a few months now and recently

when i attempt to open AutoCad 2010 i receive the message

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click OK to terminate the application."

I have a Autodesk Design and RevIT on my computer also and they both operate fine.

I have already removed all Autodesk products and reinstalled autocad alone, but I still receive the same message

I am using Windows Vista 64 bit and SP2. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the link, I have read it previously and I'm not sure as to how I can install SP2 without installing SP1. Do i uninstall my current SP? Also, I can not launch Autocad to see the "Program Compatibility Assistant from Microsoft" because after it installs and I click on the icon it displays that error

No, I believe SP2 has been installed for a while now. I do know that Windows Update has done routine updates, but the updates it has done has been updates done before that did not conflict with autocad.

• 2 weeks later...

I have solved my problem by updating to Windows 7 which was the only way i could remove SP2 from my OS. This confirms that this error is not caused from a malfunction with autocad but a program conflicting with CAD

Thanks for the new info. I always thought that service packs were cummulative and therefore if a person had not installed SP1 they could still install SP2 and reap all the benefits of both.

• 2 years later...
I'm hoping someone could give me advice regarding my issue.

I have been using this version of AutoCad for a few months now and recently

when i attempt to open AutoCad 2010 i receive the message

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click OK to terminate the application."

I have a Autodesk Design and RevIT on my computer also and they both operate fine.

I have already removed all Autodesk products and reinstalled autocad alone, but I still receive the same message

I am using Windows Vista 64 bit and SP2. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I had this error with Civil 3D 2010 in Windows 7. Solution was to (re)install the Visual C++ 2008 redistributable because the x86 portion of the redistributable was missing.