rotate view in paper space but not model

paul1966

i have a drawing that has been rotated 90 degrees in paper space but not in model. how is that done? when i rotate a view in the viewport it also rotates the model space.

I'm guessing the viewport has a different UCS. Is your UCS icon on? That might help explain the reason.[/q

thanks i'll have a look tomorrow, i did'nt notice the paper space ucs.

i have a drawing that has been rotated 90 degrees in paper space but not in model. how is that done? when i rotate a view in the viewport it also rotates the model space.

There is a difference between rotating the object, (using the rotate command), and changing the object view.

In your viewport if you actually rotate the object with the rotate command it will be reflected in model space.

If you select a view, (Plan or ISO), it will only change in the viewport not in model space.

KC

If the system variable VPROTATEASSOC is set to 1 you can actually rotate the view within the viewport.

Another option is to use the Align and Rotate View options in the MVSETUP command.

If the system variable VPROTATEASSOC is set to 1 you can actually rotate the view within the viewport.

Another option is to use the Align and Rotate View options in the MVSETUP command.

Only in 2010 and the OP shows using 2008.

...i did'nt notice the paper space ucs.

If you don't see the UCS icon while you are in paperspace, just type in UCSICON, and select ON.

KenCaz is right. Changing the view, while in the viewport mode, will only change your view right there, and not change the actual item. It will only change your perception of the object.

doubleclick inside viewport you will access to the modelspace then use this command DVIEW then Enter Then TWist then angle