Dynamic block grips

Derek Toering

My first foray into dynamic blocks has been somewhat successful but not without a hitch. My block is a very basic one. Basically a 200mm square with visibility components and scalability. All work fine, except when I insert this block into my drawing the grips are off to one side. Hence the scaling grip is scaling not from the center of my block but off to one side by about 300mm. Also the invisible switch is off to the side which doesn't affect the function, but is inconvenient. In the block editor the grip locations are fine. It's only when I insert them that they fall over.

Yes. Thanks for your responses. I went into the block and changed my 'measurement' to 1. (metric) Block fixed. I have been on this job for 2 years now, and have just discovered that everything we have is drawn with measurement setting set to zero. (we work in metric). Discovering this setting (through these forums) has cleared up a lot of stuff for me particularly in hatching density. Just need to get it implemented across the board now.

no. something is still not right. was working now it's not. might depend on the drawing i am inserting it to? here it is. very basic dynamic block. should scale around the center point, (small circle should not scale).

Damper_200.dwg

Derek, i looked at your block and i think the problem is that you have a block in your block :).

The blue square is a block but this should be a polyline (rectangle).

I think it's best to start over.