Flexible Duct representation

Derek Toering

We have a software add on for 2007 to draw our flexible duct in autocad 2007. I am currently upgrading to 2010, and I am not sure that this program will still work. What do other mechanical service draftsmen use to show flexible duct?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Derek Toering

• Lee Mac

• Tankman

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your software should run in 2010 as is unless locked in some way.

If its a commercial product then you may need to contact them as most companies update there software for new versions and would have an upgrade available. Unfortunately at a cost.

Being involved in a commercial product we made available the existing version or for a price the newer version. It was done for two reasons the first to beat piracy and the second to make more money.

We have a software add on for 2007 to draw our flexible duct in autocad 2007. I am currently upgrading to 2010, and I am not sure that this program will still work. What do other mechanical service draftsmen use to show flexible duct?

I get it done by a lisp. Check out the attachment.

FLEXIBLE.lsp

ok that looks good. Is there a post somewhere on how to insert a lisp into autocad?

Of course! Try this tutorial here http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1390&highlight=load+lisp

Haven't tried this particular lisp but, looks good.

I intend to give it a run using APPLOAD on the command line. 8)

I gave Lee Mac's link, tried the lisp CAB posted, a shot. Very nice. I'm keeping it safely tucked in my support file!

Excellent. Now that I have 2010 up and running, I have got the lisp routine all good, but unlike our old flex generator (which didn't look half as good as this) this new one doesn't put the center line on it's own layer. Can this be done? Also... how do I set a tool bar icon to save me from typing the lisp command into the command line?

Thanks also for all the responses so far. Much appreciated all.

The macro that you would need for the toolbar button is something like:

^C^C(c:flex)

As for the layer, the options are at the top of the LISP for you to change as necessary, the centerline will remain on the same layer as you have drawn it on.

Done and working beautifully. All i need now is to add to this lisp routine something which will allow the flex layer to be generated in the drawing if it isn't already there, and something that will allow the center line to be be put onto another layer when flex is created. This would allow us to draw the flex center on any layer we are using at the time, but after flex is generated the center line goes to correct layer, color and line type. Any lisp routine experts out there who could add this?

Ha! Brilliant! Now how do I tell which part you have added so that I can add it to the V1.9 of this flex lisp? (attached) Thanks heaps for that. It will make our drawings look all the better and now with your contribution it will be easier still:D

flex1.9.lsp

Check that. I see your mod within the lisp. (Clear as daylight once I actually looked) Where do you learn how to do this sort of stuff?

Check that. I see your mod within the lisp. (Clear as daylight once I actually looked) Where do you learn how to do this sort of stuff?

Mostly on the forums from other people's codes actually :)

• 2 months later...

Oh happy days! Our fearless leader has decided that this flex is representation is no good. :x Whatever. Anyway can someone help me replicate our old one? Image attached. Current lisp is good for me in it's application. Thanks in advance.

flex sample.dwg

That's what we have already. I like it but no good apparently. Can I plot straight to a jpeg from autocad? Then I can put it directly onto original post.

That's what we have already. I like it but no good apparently. Can I plot straight to a jpeg from autocad? Then I can put it directly onto original post.

I print to a *.pdf then save as a *.jpg which I can adjust size for posting in the forums.

A printer function is also in AutoCAD, from the dropdown print menu, select 'publish to jpeg.'

yep. hope size is ok... old flex is the basic one on right, but i like the other one called nice flex on the left top and middle. Looks nice! Got it from another forum. (swamp) If I hit boss with this one or something like it I reckon he'll be happy. (pigs might fly) Our original one looks budget I reckon. I can't get our old one to work with 2010. ( Don't really want to either just quietly)

nice flex.jpg

flex.jpg

• 2 weeks later...