• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• spen1973

• Autocadstudent

• Car5858

Most of us don't know what the "Penn Fosters Autocad Commands: Blocks And Layers Drawing" is, so post a scan of the drawing assignment and a screenshot of what you've done so far and let us know what part of it you're having trouble with.

What is still incorrect? Please be specific. I do not intend on recreating the entire project just to answer your questions. Sorry.

A quick glance at the drawing requirements and your drawing does point up some inconsistencies.

You did not follow the instructions regarding the number/name of layers to set up (along with the color and linetype). All the Text Styles have not been created. I see no sign of a block called Tree having been created. Actually that will be two Tree blocks. One for Saved trees and one for removed trees.

Why is your titleblock and border included in model space? Never mind. I think that's where PF wants it judging by the instructions. I guess Layouts come later in the course.

Were you expected to make use of annotative scaling when it came to text?

Something else appears to be off. South 85th Avenue is supposed to be 50' wide. Your road measures 3'-4". The cul-de-sac is supposed to have a 50' radius. Your cul-de-sac has a 2'-4.41" radius. You're dimensions are way, way off. How did this happen?

Were you never instructed to draw in model space at FULL size?

Why aren't the individual lots laid out? I don't see all the lot lines that should be showing.

Why does South West Village Lane look like it has a taper to it?

Your missing the parking strip, sidewalk and 1' right-of-way buffer lines.

yes, im sorry' i do not know where i,m am going wrong . the questions that i have is what do i have missing, i have all items there in the plot from what i have read in the guide , the guide is very confusing and hard to follow. im trying to finish my certificate, also when i call the school' they seem to know very little about the project that requires to use of autocad, right now i'm stuck

What to do?

Could you tell us how you constructed the drawing? Unless I'm mistaken the distances in your drawing do not equate to the distances called for in the instructions. Did you scale the drawing down for some reason?

Where are you located?

What is the time frame for completing and handing in the assignment?

Did they not teach you to draw FULL size in model space?

Spen1973

As a former student of Penn Foster, I can say this," You did not follow the instructions correctly."

I do belive that you need to start from the begining. Do each step as listed.

You must have the layers, lineweights, Text styles formated from the begining.

There is an error with one tree location.

Ensure that you start your drawing with the bench mark location. That in its self will definitly be checked by your instructor durning grading.

It appears that you are missing quite a bit of info. Remember to read the entire booklet prior to starting to draw. Some of the information is scattered throughout the booklet. This same will occur in later drawing projects.

Once you have the title block drawn on the proper layers, you make a block out of it. After you have drawn the project; you will insert the title block and scale it up to the correct size, as stated in the instructions.

Personally this project took me about a week to complete. I do understand about the instruction errors. These are corrected at the begining of your program sheet instructions. If you have not completed the corrections; do them before you begin working with your study material.

Yes, this course is tough to get through, you should be able to do fine. Take your time and double check your work. Nobody here wishes to do your work for you. But we will help you understand how to do it. The skills you will learn during this project will aid you in completing your next one.

If you search "Olsen Village Plat Map" you will find other posts about this project on this forum.

no, i could only try to follow the guide because this is a distance learnng program' the program has 9 answer questions exam and last the autocad project, this same one, that i am trying to complete. I think that the class room would have been bes't for this type of lesson

Did they not teach you to draw FULL size in model space?

ReMark

This course of instructon does not go into detail about using Tabs and view ports.

Everything must be done in model space with the correct text height as listed in the instructions. Just another way to check for errors IMHO.

Savannah, Georgia. Well, at least we're both in the same time zone.

Today is March 17th. You've got about 8 days plus or minus.

I'm curious. You seem to avoid answering many of the questions I've put to you. Why is that? You do realize that the more information we have the better our chances are of helping you don't you?

It's time for me to go. I've had a long day. I will check this thread tomorrow morning and see if you have been more forthcoming. If not...well... there is no shortage of people requesting help.

ok thanks 'i will start from the begining. again and read very careful'' ok guys let my start and read all detail as per the guide.

It's Thursday morning and as I check what transpired overnight I see that Car5858 has tried to enlighten you as to the nature of the assignment and some of the steps you should follow.

However, what I don't see is any attempt on your part, Spen, to answer any of the questions I put to you over several posts. So I have little more to go on than your repeated statements that you don't know what to do and that you need help.

I can't beat the information out of you so for the moment I will disengage myself from this thread. I wish you good luck in your endeavors and success in your distance learning adventure.

• 10 months later...

Hello spen1973,

where you able to finish the map?

I am trying to do the Oleson village plat map. after reading the booklet and going nowhere i decided to ask. i hope is ok with you.

I created i file and named it blocks and layers. i created the layers and text styles. Am i drawing the streets?

I just need some direction. Thank you.

Yes you have to draw the streets. If you search on "Penn Foster" here you'll find a few threads a couple of which have images of the drawing you are working on attached.