• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• spen1973

• Autocadstudent

• Car5858

hello spen1973, Remark and Armydude2211, am starting to do this olesom village. the booklet says set the units to reflect decimals to hundreadth of a foot, and set direction to surveyor's unit.

I set the type to decimal, presicion to 0.0000, type to surveyor's. then set limits to 0,0 and 10000000,10000000 for upper-r corner. But when i try to place a 113.66 feet line from the bench mark or from any point i can't see the line, it ask for the next point and the next point . i noticed that when i place a random line it shows 7 digits. do you know what am doing wrong? Please Thank you.

You are not doing something wrong. Since the drawing limits are so large, the 113' line may appear as a point.

Draw a line 113.66 as the instructions state. Use the green crossing window and select everything on the screen. You should see the blue grips appear. Zoom in on the grips and you will find your line. Remember this plat map is a large drawing. Good luck

Thank you car5858, I did zoom in and i can see the line now. so i should not zoom all because i wont be able to see the lines right? Thank you again.

It was a mistake of Penn-Foster to have the student set limits so large at the onset of the assignment. This causes unnecessary problems like the one you have encountered. Even if your limits were 1000,1000 AutoCAD would still be able to draw beyond them as it knows no bounds.

• 2 years later...

I am working on the olsen village project and I am kind of stuck, but I would like to get your input on if im headed in the right direction. I'm trying to upload my project but it isn't letting me attach it. How could I get help with that problem?