Dimension text size related to line text size.

Wilbri

:oops:

I am rather frustrated as I recall receiving very good advice regarding this subject some weeks ago but cannot seem to find it on the previous forum entries. (Blame it on age?)

I was using a trail version of 2010 at the time.

Question:

I am setting text size in my Dimension Style dialogue box.

I am aware that the line text settings can influence the dimension text settings.

I also would prefer my dimension text height setting i.e 3mm, to remain the final printed size no matter what scale I have chosen to plot to.

I can recall that I was advised to set my text height to "0" and then set my dimension text height to the desired height of my plotted drawing, no matter what the scale. The line text height (single or multi) defaulted to suit. There was a comment regarding Annotative scale which I attempted but rejected due to lack of knowledgen nevertheless i achieved what I needed.

Having said this, I would like to know which versions of AutoCad offer this facility. as I do not seem to be able to accomplish this in 2007? Possibly doing something wrong or that this facility only appeared in later versions?

There is another way but it requires the user to place all text and dimensions in the layout which is the way I prefer. It may not suit everyone's needs however so I will never claim it to be the "right" way although it might be for me.

Thanks Remark

I take it that this be achieved using pre-2008 Acad software?

Would be glad to receive further information.

Very uninformed when it comes to layout/paper space!

Need to get to bed now, so hope to hear from you later.

It can be accomplished.

Did I send you a drawing that included a layout or not (can't remember)?

Good night and pleasant dreams Wilbri. Catch you on the bright side.

Thank you Pablo

The problem here is that I am running 2007.

I now realize that the facility originally mentions was achieved when I was using a trial copy of 2010 wich has the Annotate feature.

ReMark

Yes I did receive the drawing you sent me and have had a look at it several times.

Interested know you managed to divide the viewports shown on Layout 2.

Did you divide the viiwports at commencement, and then bring in the 3D drawing on one viewport and create the other viewports by indicating different elevations, namely plan, left right and front and how does one achieve this.

Could you also please explain how this relates to the question posed?