Timeout Error at CADTutor?

CADTutor

OK, we've restarted some of the services on the server to see if that helps things. Let me know if there's an improvement (or not). Thanks

David,

Since you last posted, I have made 17 attempts to get to the site. I am getting Internet Explorer cannot display webpage.

Its as if you were offline.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Buzzard

• CADTutor

• ReMark

• Cad64

It let me log on ok, but when I tried to post a reply it hung up just now. We'll see if it lets me post this one. I'll let you know what happens.

--edit--

This post worked fine.

OK, looks like the site is under some sort of attack that causes server spikes, during which the forum becomes unusable. The host tech guys are working on it now. I'll keep you informed.

Sorry guys, still working through this. The site is getting spikes of activity that are causing the server to refuse additional requests and hence the time-outs. Seems like we just need to weather the storm for now and hope it calms down soon.

I wonder if it's that idiot that I banned twice yesterday for trying to post cheap online medication nonsense? :roll: Maybe that made him angry. :lol:

Some people should not be allowed to use a computer. :glare:

I wonder if it's that idiot that I banned twice yesterday for trying to post cheap online medication nonsense? :roll: Maybe that made him angry. :lol:

Some people should not be allowed to use a computer. :glare:

The problem is obvious today, But this is something thats been going on low keyed for a while now. I found a few sites that are listing various site addresses that are vunerable to hacker attacks and this site was listed in both. Its sort of an invitation to all hackers.

I had problems a couple of times early yesterday morning, but it was ok in the afternoon. Today it timed out today a couple of times around 7:00 am our time here in Germany, but seems ok at the moment. It is only a problem when I start the internet browser, once I have successfully made the connection it is not a problem any more.

Then Sod's Law steps in, it took ages to send this post and then edit it. Now I need that coffee

Edited by Tyke
Update

OK, looks like the situation is now stabilised. We made some changes to the server which seem to have resolved the issue. However, I'd be grateful for any further reports.

The problem is obvious today, But this is something thats been going on low keyed for a while now. I found a few sites that are listing various site addresses that are vunerable to hacker attacks and this site was listed in both. Its sort of an invitation to all hackers.

Let's battle!!

All working fine again, I am glad to.

Been a couple of times today that I've seen the "can't display page" error but nothing like yesterday. Maybe they are giving up.