Timeout Error at CADTutor?

CADTutor

I've had a couple of reports of people not being able to access the site for short periods. I need to get a clear picture of how frequently this is happening, from which geographic locations and at what times. If you are experiencing problems accessing the site, please post your details here so that I can troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks

David

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Buzzard

• CADTutor

• ReMark

• Cad64

An occasional time out in Eastern Pennsylvania, USA.

The time outs are short, usually on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Not a great deal, use the time to start another pot of coffee.

Perhaps a better explanation would be a minor slowdown. I usually figured, "System maintenance."

I'm in Western Pennsylvania, USA and lately (past month or so) I get a timeout error or it just won't connect about once or twice a day. Try again in 5 minutes or so and all is well.

I just assumed it was heavy traffic, either on my ISP or at your server.

I'm in Southeastern Virginia a get the time out once or twice a week. I haven't noticed any pattern to it. -David

Using Google Chrome ( although I doubt that it's a browser issue )

Could not connect yesterday for a short period of time. I usually assume the fault is on this side of the pond. I'm on the east coast of the U.S. in Connecticut.

Happened twice to me last Friday. Couldn't get on for about an hour. Have not had a problem since. Figured it was for down for updating or maintenance. Also, on East Coast in Delaware

Good to know that it's not just me. :)

Can you guys try to document the time next time this happens? It happened to me yesterday at 4:32 pm, my time, and lasted until 4:46. I've noticed it happening about once a day for the last few weeks. If we can all keep track of the time when this happens maybe we can figure out what's causing it.

I've had the odd 'unable to display webpage' and have noticed that it tends to be about 30 mins after the schools let out or 5 mins after a soap has finished on TV.

I blame the kids logging onto FaceBook / YouTube all at the same time.

I have been experiencing this during the week for several hours, But nothing consistant. Some occassions are back to back days while others times are spaced every couple of days. The time of this can be from 12:00pm EST to 3:30pm EST.

Also noticed when I log out, All the threads I have read are lit up again as if I had not read them. When I log back in they return to normal.

I am not sure.

I just happen to notice the problem with the threads being marked as unread when I exit around the same time as the timeout issue. I do not know if this could be linked together.

The time out problem I noticed has gone on for at least 2 weeks now and happens every so often.

I thought this may be due to forum maintenance.

it happen to me on tuesday,03/16/10 in Am about 8am till 830am.east coast Portland,ME.. i could not login into anything not Yahoo,Google or my company website. shut down my computer and started over and all was better. no problem today.

thanks bruce

OK, the hosting company is now monitoring the server. Please report any connection errors so that we can match the errors with monitored events. Thanks

We have identified 2 recent periods of outage, one between 7.00 and 7.26 GMT yesterday, 18th March and one at 1:16 to 1:20 GMT this morning. Did anyone experience either of these to confirm?