Filter to keyboard shortcut

Butch

I want to asign this commadn to a keyboard but when I go to my customize dialog and list all the acad commands I cant find filter command anywhere :glare:

Help!

So you want to create a "hotkey" for invoking the command right?

Yes, FILTER is an AutoCAD command. You can also invoke it at the keyboard by typing the command alias which is FI.

In the help, look up ACADDOC.LSP and be sure you understand what the file does.

Then place this code in the file and you will have FF for the Filter command.

(defun C:FF () (command "FILTER"))

Geeze, I havn't used the PGP file in so long I forgot all about it. That's probally where his FI is getting set. Yea, change it to FF.

I do all my custom stuff in an old style ACAD.lsp file, cause I'm old style, I guess...

EDIT:

Curiousoty got to me and I went looking for my ACAD.PGP file. Man - It's deep deep deep under cover!

C:\Documents and Settings\clark\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Land Desktop 2006\R16.2\enu\Support

Now thats called hiding the file. But yea, FI = Filter was in there and it does work. Change it to FF.

Naa, that's too easy. I gotta search the whole stinkin ACAD folders for the file, then open it in notepad.....I might as well have been in DOS and opened it in EDlin. Getting old sucks. Nice tips guys. Thanks.