Exact "white" background color in Autocad

john551

Hi, I'm using AutoCAD civil 3D.

Does anyone know the exact color of the 'white' background in Autocad? I ask because I want to use the same color hatch.

On that note, I have about 30 very irregular shapes representing plan views of mining trenches and beneath them and throughout the drawing are polyline contours as an xref. I don't want to display the contours through the trenches but also don't want to delete those bits incase they get moved. The wipeout command would first require to make the large xref contours a part of the file (don't want to do) and would also require drawing polylines around these shape files which would take many hours due to their irregular shapes. The wipeout command sadly doesn't allow you to just a closed shape, although I think there are some lsp files out there for that. I figure hatch is the best way. I'd like to know how to many a solid hatch use less space though to speed things up when clicking on it later.

Excuse my ignorance because I don't use Xrefs at all.. but would it be possible to put the stuff that you want hidden onto a layer that you turn off/freeze when you don't want it visible?

The white color (per sampling a screenshot) is:

RBG: 255,255,255

HSL: 0,0,255

HTML Code #FFFFFF

The xref is about 40mb (many polyline contours for topography). There is just too many segments that would have to be cut from the polylines. In the end I just hatched it. I knew white was 255,255,255 but looking at my screen tired all day and seeing the monitor color an off white color made me forget printing paper is still in white lol! Cheers.