How to copy a selected area of a drawing to a new drawing ??

mudi269

Hi,

I want to copy selected area of a drawing to a new doc(Autocad .dwg). I tried all but unable to do so. Can anybody help me ?

Or you could use the 'copyclip' command select what you want and then paste it into your new drawing. Or if you require your objects to be pasted in certain co-ordinates use the 'copybase' command.

edit menu

copy with basepoint

Select base point with mouse

select items (anything dotted will be copied)

hit enter

open new drawing

to paste in drawing.

select point

done

That's one of the ways listed above. As said above, all will work with your version of autocad. Unless you are unable to select the items because they're in a block or on a locked layer or something?

I want to copy selected area of a drawing to a new doc(Autocad .dwg). I tried all but unable to do so.

Another possibility to consider is that the original drawing has been opened/edited in AutoCAD 2007 at some time, and has the copy bug. :cry:

Another possibility to consider is that the original drawing has been opened/edited in AutoCAD 2007 at some time, and has the copy bug. :cry:

:?Copy bug? I've not come across that.

Yet :).

:?Copy bug? I've not come across that.

You would not have because you are using r2007. It is those people using earlier versions, and opening a drawing that has been saved as a lower version from 2007.

The bug disables the copying, pasting and Wblocking functions.

If that is the culprit, then one way I have found of overcoming it is to start a new drawing "From Scratch", insert the other drawing in it as an exploded block, and everything should be working as usual.