Learning Solidworks 2010

LBUG42

Can someone recommend a good book for learning Solidworks 2010, the books are so expensive i dont want to buy a book and not be what i need, i prefer to have a book as a reference to always go through. So if someone can give me a good idea on what one would be the good. Thank You

Do you need a book, when there are so many tutorials and examples online ? Trial and error goes a long way in learning, I guess there is a lot of information in books you can easily refer to.

• 2 weeks later...
... i prefer to have a book as a reference to always go through.

As indicated by others - the built in Help>Tutorials are very good. I basically used the tutorials to pass the CSWP exam (the old - hard one).

After the Tutorials and other on-line sources for reference book you might purchase Matt Lombard's SolidWorks Bible(s). (a 2009 book will be fine)

Check the What's New stuff in 2010.

For free on-line tutorials see my signature for some older stuff and search Google for Ed Eaton Curvy Stuff DiMonte Group and Mike Wilson SolidWork (reverse engineer the examples). There are several other good sites as well with free tutorials or sample files.

But don't skip ahead - go though the built in tutorials first.

• 3 months later...

I've only started learning SW2010 and like everyone on here has said, free on-line tutorials have helped a lot, and also several tutorials Shift1313 has written.

There is a great wealth of knowledge available on-line. You just have to look for it.

• 8 months later...

Excellent book for beginners

Official Certified

SolidWorks Associate (CSWA)

Examination Guide

Edited by Tiger
removed links

MrAbyr, I removed the links from your post because one was a link to pdf which I assume is a illegal copy of the book you suggested, and the other was a link that I just could not see the point to. Please explain the links and I'll bring 'em back.