Duplicate definition of block xxxx ignored.

manmountain

I am using R2008 Mechanical.

I have several blocks from different versions and have never had this issue.

Whether I copy/paste, wblock or insert certain blocks I get this "Duplicate definition of block GENAXEH ignored, Duplicate definition of block xxxxxx ignored, Duplicate definition of block xxxxx ignored.

It will lock up system for up to ten minutes.

I have taken blocks into new drawing exploded them copy and paste to another new drawing and wblock out and still get same going out and coming in. Even the simplest of blocks...an anchor.................purged before doing this. Nothing seems to help.

Thank you in advance!

The stuff you're inserting sounds as though it's got multiple nested blocks in it that have the same name. Explode, and explode again.

Sometimes that happens if you insert a drawingfile as a block.. a drawing file may have blocks in it that weren't used, but they were defined.

It sounds like you might need to purge some of those files you're inserting, and/or remake some of those blocks without using any blocks in them.

Thx for fast respsonse.

I have taken a simple anchor into a new drawing and exploded several times. No text, no arrows, leaders nothing but lines and wblock out and get same.

I have taken complete drawings and copy pasted before or inserted several times before with multiple blocks and never have seen this.

Command: _insert

Specify insertion point for block:

Command:

I inserted block here and no problem

Command:

Auditing Mechanical Data...

Number of errors found: 0 Number of errors fixed: 0

Auditing Mechanical Data complete.

Duplicate definition of block GENAXEH ignored.

Duplicate definition of block _Oblique ignored.

Inserted a diff. one here and 10 min. later

What is with the "Auditing Mechanical Data"

The _Oblique block and GENAXEH block which is nested in the block you're inserting. The Oblique block is part of a dimension line (the arrow), you're importing.

If the block is a file, like I said, purge the file. This is also a good reason to use the tool pallettes for blocks.

Purge is your friend.

Auditing "mechanical data" means auditing stuff that's not in regular AutoCAD but is present in Mechanical 2008.. apparently it's checking out the settings to make sure it's good. No idea what it's specifically doing though.

Command:

I inserted block here and no problem. This block has the GENAXEH in it. I purged all nested, but cannot purge the genaxeh.

Command:

Auditing Mechanical Data...

Number of errors found: 0 Number of errors fixed: 0

Auditing Mechanical Data complete.

Duplicate definition of block GENAXEH ignored.

Duplicate definition of block _Oblique ignored.

Inserted a diff. one here and 10 min. later This block has both of these in block tree. Cannot get rid of either. I also purged all nested.

What is with the "Auditing Mechanical Data"

I purge all the time before sending drawings in. It still doesn't explain why I can put a complete set of drawings in with several blocks unpurged into another drawing and never see this.

Genaxeh is in both simple blocks. Oblique has most always been there. I opened both drawings seperatly and this error shows up in the drawing that gives me trouble.

Menu item failed to load: AMPP:&File

Going to look and see if this is happening in the other wblocks drawing I have done recently.

Thanks, Mike for your help.

I tried that also and did not fix problem. In 15+ years I never had this problem. But will not give up.

• 4 years later...

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Do you realize that the post to which you have responded is 5 years old?

Not meant to cast aspersions on your suggestion. :|

Edited by Dadgad

• 6 months later...

Hi there. Did you realize that sometimes people search the forums for solutions to identical problems to theirs that may have already been posted and answered here (even if it's years later)?