Line will not set on the edge of circle?

SFG13

Hi,

I've been having trouble drawing a line starting from the left center edge of a circle and going down, instead the line starts off to the side of the circle, not touching it at all. In my design class it works fine on the 00' version, but will not at all on my 09' version. Why? Is there a way to set the line to make it start on the left center edge of a circle? :unsure:

Maybe you hit the Snap function key by mistake and the nearest snap point to where you want to pick is actually off the quadrant and not on it.

To do what you want start the line command. With this method it won't matter what your Osnap settings are but if need to you can adjust the points that AutoCAD snaps to with this command.

Type L to start the line command.

the type qua and move your mouse near the point on the circle you want the line to start.

AutoCAD will draw a small diamond shape for you showing it's selecting the quadrant point of the circle nearest your mouse. Click and then tell AutoCAD where you want the line to go.

Sounds like you want something like @12

Hi,

I thinkl I tried that from what the help menu said and I was sort of having trouble with that menthod, but the OSNAP gave me what I needed. Thanks for the tip! :)