Osnaps

Dan Bickerstaff

Someone on my staff changed the settings within Architecture 2009 which now precludes me from completing the second part of a snap command (ex. I attempt to draw a polyline from one portion of a drawing while the osnaps are on- I am able to begin the process without a problem, however, I am not able to complete the osnap for my second location [esp. perp. points].

Someone please help.

Bring up the OSNAP dialog box.

Right click on the Osnap toggle button and select settings from the menu.

Select Perpendicular by checking the box> then select, ok

Try drawing the line again.

Some Osnaps, like intersection, won't work if you have objects with different "Z" values. Have you checked to make sure your objects all lie in the same XY plane?

Thanks Cad64 and Car5858- settings were at 1.

Let me further elaborate- along a straigh line I am able to pick the first point using osnap but not the successive end of the line; even if there is a perpendicular line at the end of the aforementioned line, osnaps will not recognize endpoint, intersection, perp. of that intersection. However, osnap works for a second point that is completely unrelated to the aforementioned line/intersection

If you do not have wall justification line checked. The perp osnap will not work correctly.

Open the osnap dialog box and check the wall justification box.