Multi-floor elevation

ARR

I haven't used autocad for a while and need some refreshing.

I have drawn my floor plans, but can't remember how to combine the floor plans (eg, basement,1st etc) so you can view the elevation as a multi-storey building.

(Cad architecture 2010)

Andy

I didn't eanswer earlier because I didn't understand the question. It seems a bit like asking, but I'll give it a shot.

Floorplans are a top view, an Elevation is a side view.

Floorplans are generally 2d, so to see a side view of that, you'd have to extrude them first, or otherwise get them into 3d, then add a floor/ceiling between them and then copy the next floor into position, using the corner of the building.

Then view it from the side to see the elevation.

Unless you mean overlapping the floors into a plan view instead of an elevation?

The easiest way to draw the flat elevation of a 2 storey building is to straight-up draw what it looks like on that face.

To do a 3d 2-storey building, you make the bottom floor into a 3d shape (like a box, or series of boxes, or extruded shapes), do the same with the second floor, and then do a roof out of another series of 3d shapes, depending upon your desired roof style.

Hope that helps..

I haven't used autocad for a while and need some refreshing.

I have drawn my floor plans, but can't remember how to combine the floor plans (eg, basement,1st etc) so you can view the elevation as a multi-storey building.

(Cad architecture 2010)

Andy

Actually it is quite easier to draw an Elevation or a Section manually.

Attaching a dwg herewith, which will give you a clear idea.

Elevation.dwg