Remove old printer drawing

roy437

The drawing stores first printer that was used to print his.

When I print a drawing from someone else is a warning AutoCAD. How do I remove this warning ? I have not this printer !

You can see "Old printer.jpg"

Old printer.jpg

I'm using AutoCAD 2008 so i might be a bit different, but i get a similar message all the time because drawings have been moved from one computer to another and they arent connected to the same printer. Anyways when you click plot and the page setup box comes up, in the Printer/Plotter section (on mine it is under the Page setup name box) and then select your printer from the menu and then click 'apply to layout' then click 'ok' and it should print out on the printer you have chosen. Make sure you save the drawing after so that when you want to print the same drawing again it you dont have to go through and change anything again. I attached a screenshot showing what i see when i click on plot/print.

Untitled.jpg

Haven't run into this problem but, I often select different printers. Printing to various printers in the office and/or plotting to *.pdf.

Might TOOLS>OPTIONS>PLOT AND PUBLISH, select a printer for default work?

I have button macros set up with my plotter names (5 of them) and paper sizes so that one click sends the drawing size I want to the plotter that I want.

As this is taken from the macro it dosn't matter what plotter or size has previously been set and saved for the layout; it just does what I want with one click and no error message.

• 5 months later...

Hi Tankman,

Thank you, since old printer no longer connected to network, I have to change the default printer on Autocad.

I went to TOOLS>OPTIONS>PLOT AND PUBLISH then select current default printer and save layout.