NC Auto-Code Software

DustyOne

We have been using NC Auto-Code with AutoCad 9 for decades with no problem but now we have a HUGE one!

Our HD copy of NC Auto-Code became corrupt recently while being copied to a new computer. Worse than that, the original on the old hard drive is garbage too.

The original 5.25" floppies stopped being readable long ago, even if we still had a working drive, and we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle!!!

Kramer Consulting is, apparently, a thing of the past and I can find no help online as of yet.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do???

Thanks,

DustyOne

psst!

http://web.archive.org/web/20071020053741/www.autocode.com/aco/getac2.htm

If you have the missing file (these are full installs except for "one file" which blocks NC code export) you can start with a clean install. The problem of deciphering the file that's missing might not not be something you can do..

However, after you have downloaded it, you might use the email address on the frontpage of www.autocode.com to ask them for that one file, and the filename of the config files for your specific NC machine, and to see what else might be done to turn that copy into the full version... They might be willing to talk to you about it.

Without the config files, you will have to reconfigure the system for use with your NC machine using M & G codes. I don't know if you have anyone that could do that.

There are Harddrive retrieval services out there that can often ungarble your program files.. perhaps that's something you should look into, with regards to your config files and that other missing file.

Your only other option, as I can see it. Would be to get new NC software (CAM software) from somewhere else. There's all sorts of levels of NC software availible out there, free to expensive. Perhaps it's time to move away from using an unsupported obsolete NC software system?

Talk to the manufacturers of your CNC machine and see if they have some recommendations.

• 7 years later...

I doubt that anyone here uses this very old program. From the information I found, it worked with Autocad 14 and 2000, so that's almost 20 years ago. What sort of knowledge are you looking for?

I find it useful in programming certain jobs but need to reinstall the compatible version of AutoCAD on a newer computer. It loaded into acad2000 fine but needs a password to activate. I saw something posted 2 years ago on the web issuing a password for remaining users to reinstall as needed but failed to save it somewhere, and now I can’t seem to find it on the web any longer.

Kramer Consulting changed their name in the 90s to AUTO-CODE MECHANICAL, Bill Kramer and AUTO-CODE MECHANICAL are based in Dublin, Ohio, USA. As mentioned by BIGAL, check Cadalyst.com.