DXF Topo to C3D Surface

cms370

Is it possible to convert a .DXF Topo map (comprised of 3D Polylines) into a Surface within C3D?

My current thoughts are this: Explode the 3D Polylines into single points. Create a TIN surface from the individual points. Apply Breaklines/Boundaries as necessary.

...but I would think there would already be an easier way to do this?!!?

Is it possible to convert a .DXF Topo map (comprised of 3D Polylines) into a Surface within C3D?

My current thoughts are this: Explode the 3D Polylines into single points. Create a TIN surface from the individual points. Apply Breaklines/Boundaries as necessary.

...but I would think there would already be an easier way to do this?!!?

You can create a surface with Drawing Objects, which will allow you to select PLines.

I have tried using the "Drawing Objects" located under surfaces. Using both Line and 3D Faces results in C3D stating that "Select Objects: 0 Found"....

Also, it appears that the closed polyline are only polylines and not 3D polylines. Rotating the Topo map does show that the map has height...

Yes, I have also tried exploding the polylines. C3D just crashes...the DXF is quite large. Is there a threshold on the "explode" command in which it will no longer work?

Yes, I have also tried exploding the polylines. C3D just crashes...the DXF is quite large. Is there a threshold on the "explode" command in which it will no longer work?

Turn the Highlight variable off and try selecting them again.