My "AcDbTextStyleTableRecord" file is missing!

ready2goriding

How can I get it back? I cannot insert or xref my Master Copy into other drawings. I have recently wblocked the master copy out along with a purge & audit in an effort to reduce the file size. Might I have purged it by accident?

Thanks for any ideas, doug

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ready2goriding

• ReMark

• rkent

Try using the Audit or Recover command on the drawing file. Follow this up with the purge command. You may have some missing text styles and AutoCAD can't find them.

Thanks for the reply. I tried the audit and recover. Both returned no errors to repair. Ater purging, I tried to re-insert the dwg into another one, but have the same problem- cannot remove items from the inserted file to keep in original dwg (using REFEDIT). I box-selected both drawings seperately, and changed the text style to "Romans" in an attempt to "lose" the problem, but to no avail. I'm out of ideas...

Not sure. Not intentionally anyway, lol. I took over for our draftsman who left. Most of what I know about CAD I have learned here. I was our CNC programmer previously. Is there a way that I can check that? Sorry, doug

That's OK Doug.

Type LMAN at the command line. A window should appear. Per AutoCAD Help file:

"Xref layer states are identifiable because the layer state name is preceded by the xref drawing’s name and separated by a double underscore symbol. (Example: Xref Name__Layer State Name.)"

That's OK Doug.

Type LMAN at the command line. A window should appear. Per AutoCAD Help file:

"Xref layer states are identifiable because the layer state name is preceded by the xref drawing’s name and separated by a double underscore symbol. (Example: Xref Name__Layer State Name.)"

LMAN is not recognized as a command for me. I used XREF, but nothing shows up...

I am using AutoCAD 2004.

I did a search for "AcDbTextStyleTableRecord" in the CAD help files as well. Couldn't find any help there.

Well it was just a shot in the dark.

Can you tell us what fonts are loaded currently listed in the drawing?

If you type STYLE at the command line and press Enter a Text Style window should appear. The fonts will be listed on the left side under Styles.

Well it was just a shot in the dark.

Can you tell us what fonts are loaded currently listed in the drawing?

If you type STYLE at the command line and press Enter a Text Style window should appear. The fonts will be listed on the left side under Styles.

I'm showing these font styles:

JOB NAME

STANDARD

ROMANS

TITLE

TITLE 2

I hate being the rookie! Thanks for your help!

Now go back and tell us what font is being used for each. Remember...practice makes perfect.

JOB NAME- "Romantic"

STANDARD- "txt.shx"

ROMANS- "romans.shx"

TITLE- "simpex.shx"

TITLE 2- "scriptc.shx"

Agreed! Practice is good... helps me learn!

I detect one possible spelling error. Could you verify the following:

Simpex - could this be Simplex?

I notice that reference to Romantic. This is not a standard AutoCAD font. It is a TrueType font associated with the installation of Windows software. It might look a bit fancier the the rest of the fonts.

I detect one possible spelling error. Could you verify the following:

Simpex - could this be Simplex?

I notice that reference to Romantic. This is not a standard AutoCAD font. It is a TrueType font associated with the installation of Windows software. It might look a bit fancier the the rest of the fonts.

Simplex is the correct spelling and what I have. Sorry about that.

I only use the Romans style. The other styles are not used, but will not purge. Needless to say, these types were set up before my time, and I would have no problem making all but Standard and Romans go away. I have tried to convert all text to Romans, but not sure if it worked...

Whay do you mean by "...tried to convert all text to Romans, but not sure if it worked?" If you Purge do the text styles now show up?

The text syles continue to show after purging. I selected the entire model space and set the text style to Romans in an attempt to get rid of the other styles. The drawing will not purge it again.

How can I get it back? I cannot insert or xref my Master Copy into other drawings. I have recently wblocked the master copy out along with a purge & audit in an effort to reduce the file size. Might I have purged it by accident?

Thanks for any ideas, doug

This is going to be a missing shape problem, one used in a custom linetype I am guessing. If there are xrefs involved then open each one and if possible use a program called Superpurge to get rid of the offending shape.

http://www.manusoft.com/software/SuperPurge/Index.stm

This is going to be a missing shape problem, one used in a custom linetype I am guessing. If there are xrefs involved then open each one and if possible use a program called Superpurge to get rid of the offending shape.

This drawing has no xrefs. Could this problem be caused by something inserted into this drawing at an earlier time? Thank you, doug

PS

I'll check out the link right now! TY!

I downloaded a trial version of SuperPurge. Very handy, I plan to add it to our system. Thanks for the link again!

Even my cleaned up Master file will not REFEDIT in drawings once it is inserted. Same problem still. Not sure what to try next...

Yes, still having the same problem- cannot REFEDIT after insertion. I've pretty much tried everything I know to, and the problem persists still. :(