In "realistic" Visual Style, luminance of Dimension is too low

MichaelBrenden

How can I make the dimension lines and text brighter? In 2D or 3D wireframe, the dimension style and text is bright white, as it should be. It's all on a DIM layer whose color is bright white. But when I switch to the "realistic" VisualStyle, the dimension lines and text change to nearly invisible (dark, dark grey on black background). I'd prefer to keep the black background...

I think most people don't use Realistic visual style intending to show dimensions. I know I don't. It's more of a "pretty picture" thing if you know what I mean. After all, the objects should really be fully dimensioned in other parts of the overall drawing or project.

ehhhhok, think I figured out what was going on.....

Somehow I'd set the global 3D Visualization Material property to anodized black aluminum, which appears as only a few shades above black. Then I drew some dimensions with this property set.

I don't see how the 3D Vis. Material property can be changed, however, for existing dimensions...so once they're drawn wrong, that's it....

ReMark, agreed. Thanks. I was just quickly throwing down some floating viewports in a paper layout to experiment with and noticed the 'dims too dark' problem... Yet the apparent inability to change 3D Vis. Material property once set for a Dimension is irksome. now back to studying the behemoth that is AutoCAD...

Thanks for the update Michael. I don't get much call for producing anything in realistic visual style although it is fun to play with it.