Hidden Visual Style Not Displaying Correctly

Kremer

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3134/14799989.png

The above link is to a snapshot of my current paperspace, I am trying to get it to display as "Hidden" but it doesn't seem to be applying to the entire drawing. On the left side you can see that it is properly hiding the pipes running upwards, however to the left there is a pipe which is displaying underneath another.

Anyone know why this would be happening?

P.S.

Every pipe is on a different elevation.

Have a look at the pipes from a 3d angle with a shaded view mode active.

I'm wanting confirmation that both pipes are represented as a true solid (therefore blocking) correctly. In a shaded mode it should be easy to detect.

I'm reaching a bit here, but it looks like that pipe going down at an angle has confused it. First the pipe fitting is shown flat, rather than angled downwards, and second, that's the pipe that's "confused" about what elevation it's at.

Maybe it's getting elevation information from that last leg endpoint as well as the high points from the connected portion?.. therefore making it lose track of what's supposed to show on that elevation?

I know it sounds farfetched, but can you try removing that leg to see if it makes a difference?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike, I tried removing that sloped leg but it was to no avail, I just ended up sending it out without Hidden display.

Im working on another and I am running into the same problem.

I'm starting to wonder whether or not the display configuration effects the visual styles (http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44922, in this topic STYK helped me to start using the various configs which I had never touched before)

Prior to my discovery of the display config's I hadn't had this issue with choppy visual styles.

Are they related?

Edit:

Turns out the display configuration is related to my problem, if I use MEP Basic 2-Line as opposed to MEP Plumbing I am able to produce proper hidden visual styles. Reminder: After switching display configurations do a REGEN to view the changes.

• 1 month later...

*SIGH*

Back to this issue of the hidden visual styles not printing correctly.

So I have the visual style set to 3D hidden and I change the face style to none and the edge mode to isolines (these are setting within the visual styles window) in order to have our plot styles effect the output (be it .pdf or plotting).

It looks great on the PC monitor, the pipes are properly hidden. However when I go to plot preview I get this: http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2195/workl.png

I've circled in red all the places where certain sections of pipe are missing. It plots like this and if I plot to .pdf it comes out this way as well.

Any ideas?

I had an older job in which I'd used the convertto3dsolids command on my MEP piping and turned all of it to 3d solids.

That job prints great with the Hidden Visual Styles (all the piping shows up and is hidden correctly), the only problem is all the piping loses it's adjustability being 3d solids.

Anyone know if there's a setting which controls the display of MEP objects independent of other object displays?

*Edit*

Eeeeeeek sorry for the triple post