Adding Blocks to Tool Palette

Krystyna

We have a hard time to add blocks to the Tool Palette. By the book it should be simply like drag and drop, but in our case the block does not stick. We need to customize our Tool Palette to speed up the process but it seems to be a problem. Could you please advise?

Can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work.

Is there something "special" or unusual about this particular block?

Have you been able to do this in the past (drag & drop onto a Tool Palette)?

Sure. Click on my screen name (above avatar) and select Send email to ReMark. I've enabled it only temporarily so don't delay.

Sorry but you missed your window of opportunity (which was 30 minutes).

We have a hard time to add blocks to the Tool Palette. By the book it should be simply like drag and drop, but in our case the block does not stick. We need to customize our Tool Palette to speed up the process but it seems to be a problem. Could you please advise?

You wrote "..it doesn't stick." Do you mean immediately after dragging and dropping or after you close and reopen autocad?

Did you save the drawing to a location in the file path statement (options, files, ..) so it can be found by the program?

It does not stick immediately after dragging and dropping. And, of course, the new tab does not show up when I reopen the drawing

It does not stick immediately after dragging and dropping. And, of course, the new tab does not show up when I reopen the drawing

Just to be sure, when you drag over the palette and before dropping is the "time out" symbol going away and are you then seeing a line across the palette indicating the block location?

I know when I drag a larger file I have to drag and hold the mouse button while the program does its thing, then I can drop it.

It does not stick no matter how long I hold the block. I just have the "Learn about customizing tool palettes" and it is not going away when I try to drop the block.

I solved it to the point, that I can drag and drop but ONLY TO THE EXISTING TABS! When I create a New Tab, I cannot drag and drop my blocks into it. I am sorry I bother you so much with the same subject, but it is my main chore to make our customized tool palette here at the office and I am struggling with this problem.

Tools > Options > Files Tab

I'm not sure what the rules is for the location of the Authoring Palette, but just check to see where the path is set to.

• 5 months later...

[uplift]

i'm trying to organize my toolpalettes and i have a problem.

now, i follow this video tutorial from mr. robert green (symbol libraries.wmv) and everything is ok when i drag and drop files (every file contain one block) in tool palettes but all of my blocks become block in block (after i drag them into drawing from palette) and dynamic blocks are not functional at all!?

thank you!

• 1 month later...

Create your W block on a master drawing template, use block editor to give it it's dynamic attributes, save the drawing, cut and paste the dynamic block into the tool palette of your choice. Works every time. I have never been able to drag and drop, not even through design centre.

• 2 months later...

Right click on a tool pallette, go to new. (call it what you want - in house elec)

Once you have created the block, save the dwg as (???).

Open design centre, find you block (dwg) and just pick and drag to the new tab of your tool pallette.

Wnsure you create the block at 0,0, and 1mm x 1mm in size, that will give you the best option for scaling......

All the best

• 1 year later...

I had the same issue. Then I tried just doing a copybase on the block I wanted to insert and right click in your new palette and paste. It takes a second to think about it then drops it right in there! :)

Hope that works for you!

• 2 months later...

I found that, if i move tool palette outside the program window i can't drag blocks on it, so in my case the solution was simple, i needed only to dock TP inside the program window. Maybe this will help someone :)

• 7 months later...

Also I believe if you DONT click on the grips when you click to drag it helps. just click on an element of the drawing to drag it.