+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Newbie
    Using
    not specified

Default polar/tracking problem ???????

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

When I copy or move an object it seems to move a percentage of the distance I inputted. For example....with ortho on and the cursor moved in the general direction I want the object to move..........if I type in 1'......it will move some fraction of that distance depending on how far the cursor is moved away from the true ortho line.
    This was not a problem before.......it would move the object repeated 12" everytime, regardless of where the cursor was (provided the ortho command was on)
    It affects the move/copy/ref.....etc. Very annoying!
    Is there some way to make it move the exact distance I am inputting, regardless of where the cursor is in relationship to the ortho line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao!

Using
    Civil 3D 2011

Try moving something 1'... does it end up only moveing 1"?
    AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011

Forum Newbie
    Using
    not specified

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

No.......if i input 22" it will move an slightly differenent amount everytime....providing I move the cursor slightly.......the line will move orthangonally (no change in angle) but the value it moves will vary depending on where the cursor is...........
    For example if i want to copy a line 22" to the right.....with my ortho on...
    I would type input 22....move the cursor to the right and hit enter.
    Now the line will move to the right but if the cursor was at 3pm it would move 22" to the right ...if the cursor was at 2pm....the line would move about 20" to the right..... if the cursor was at 1pm it would move about 18" to the right. It moves at right angles like it is suppose to but the value it moves is always different........seems to be related to where the cursor is in relationship to the ortho line............