Driver Issues? or Autocad? - HP 500 Designjet Plotter

Ricardo2010

Hi everyone

I have a problem when I try to plot with this plotter, from one computer you can send to plot an autcad file and it does the work, after a few days or printings it starts to fail, and after 1 day or a couple you can print normally with the same computer, one funny thing is that if you try to plot from another computer when the plotter it's still failing after resetting it plots normally, and from other computer you can print but it won't let me plot with the Autocad using arch D(landscape) paper size, instead of expanding the size of the drawing it remains small despite I select the Window option to select the frame size.(this happens in the plotting window)

My conclusion is that the problem is not the plotter but some drivers for the plotter or the Autocad Version, or something that I'm doing wrong, I don't know.

note: I attached an image where you can see the full picture.

Any idea or advice?

plot.jpg

Yes.

Make sure you have the latest HP driver for your OS.

Close AutoCAD.

Uninstall the HP plotter.

Shut down the computer.

Turn on the HP plotter.

Wait 20 seconds.

Reboot the computer.

In Windows go to Printers and Faxes and add the HP plotter specifying the driver you downloaded.

Pray it works. It should show up as being "Ready" as far as Status goes. Print a test page.

Start AutoCAD.

Retry your plot.

We continue to struggle with our Designjet 500, despite having the latest / greatest driver.

We always have to choose D (portrait) for paper size, but select landscape in the drawing orientation field to manage to plot with the correct orientation...sounds crazy, I know, but it works.

screenshot.JPG

It's not crazy. The printer "sees" the paper differently than you and I do. To the printer "landscape" is the correct orientation.