help- working with viewports

sutton4001

Working with autocad 2010

With 3 viewports set up, I want to work in 1 of the viewports and the changes I want to apply to that view port only. Can this be done ???

Thanks

• 1 month later...

It can be done if you put the the original on 1 layer, and the changes on a different layer, then freeze the original layer in the current viewport.

The other option is a zoom to a copy where the changes are worked out

Your best bet is to change the "view" of each viewport so that they're looking at different areas of modelspace, and then use mulitple items.

As a beginner, I'd stay away from doing viewport layer states unless you simply have to. In my 23 years of CAD, I've never needed (or desired) to do that, except to explain how to do it, to someone else who didn't understand that there's other ways to skin a cat. ;)

Physical changes to your object will be visible in all viewports unless the parts of the objects you have changed are on different layers. If so make use of the VP Freeze feature in the Layer Properties Manager.