PDF created by AutoCAD LT 2010 will not print

ALAN@EDS

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody else has experienced this problem:

I recently created 10 seperate DWG files using AutoCADLT2010, used DWGtoPDF.pc3 to create PDFs of the drawings and sent them to the client for checking.

I was told that 5 of the 10 would not print. The client received an error message when attempting to do so (something about a corrupt file).

To overcome the problem I saved the 5 drawing files as a 2000 version file, opened them up with a seperate copy of AutoCAD2000 and printed them using a free PDF creator as the plot device.

This seemed to work and the client could now print out the 5 PDFs created.

This is not the first time that this has happened with output from AutoCAD LT 2010 (to unrelated projects/clients of mine).

Does anybody know why this might have happened? It seems like it should be unrelated to AutoCAD, and I can view and print the PDFs at my end, it is the two (indepenent) clients that have had the trouble?

Any comments or suggestions?

Cheers, Alan

Could that they are using Postscript print drivers (PS*), some postscript drivers seem to have problems printing some PDFs, TIFFs, JPEG, and BMPs.

It seems that some of the PS* drivers are optimised for text and font effects for their particular printer and can't always cope with all graphic formats?

We have had this problem in the past and switched to using PCL* drivers instead which gives us no problems.

Thanks Nukecad, food for thought I'll mention it to them. It definitely seems to be an intermittent problem, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme-or-reason to it.

What would they need to check in order to confirm which they are using?

Cheers,

Alan

Im assuming XP but the process is similar for other OPs.

Just look through the START > PRINTERS and FAXES at their particular printer, right click it to get the properties and click the ADVANCED tab.

This will show what printer driver is currently in use.

You change it using 'New Driver' - But you do need Admin rights to change it.