Problem 'jumping' grips in Autocad '08

Testa-Rossa

Hello,

I use AutoCAD 2008 in combination with Bentley AutoPlant. I've drawn a piece of equipment in AutoCAD using solids. When I move a solid, the solid itself moves to the new position, the grips however stay as they are.

If I insert the drawing as Xref into my assembly, the solids jump to the position of the grips.

I added a jpeg of the problem.

I hope someone can help cause it's getting really annoying :glare:

Kind regards,

Remco

problem grips.jpg

What are your system specs?

Is it just this drawing you're having the problem with or other drawings too of the same type (3D solids)?

When did the problem first occur?

System specs;

Dell Precision T3400

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3GHz

3.25GB RAM

Windows XP Professional 2002 SP3

I've got the same problem with several drawings, all using solids.

It has been going like this for some while so unfortunately I can't quite tell when (or with what action) it started.

Your combination intersection point is far from the object which reflects the same position.

Try to import with insertion point in 0,0 position...

might help you...

• 1 month later...

It seems to be a communication problem between AutoCAD and AutoPlant, the problem seems to occur after 'undo' actions.

We now draw everything in plain AutoCAD and there are no problems anymore.

Thanks all for you're replies!

Interesting. Have you discussed with with the makers of AutoPlant?

Glad to hear you arrived at a solution that works for you. Thanks for updating us.

I had that happen once.. I thought I fixed it by unlocking the layer my defpoints were on, or audit.. I did both.

I dunno' how my defpoints layer was locked, but wow.. the more stuff got moved around, the stranger the effects became, especially when I went to render.

That was awhile ago though.. so who knows.. I might have dumped the file without fixing it, or wblocked it's contents.

Interesting. Have you discussed with with the makers of AutoPlant?

Yes we did, however AutoDesk recently released Plant3D as a direct competitor of Bentley's AutoPlant. So you can imagine there is a lot of rivalry between AutoCAD and AutoPlant. With any problem we have AutoCAD simply blames AutoPlant and the other way round.