drawing help

sadaf

Well I've given you the basics you need for constructing your 3-floor wave hotel. Have fun. Post an image when you're done so we can all see your final design.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• sadaf

• MikeScott

• Car5858

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What seems to be the problem? I thought you'd be done by now laying out your floors. How are those arcs working out for you?

My personal policy is I won't do someone's homework assignment for them although I may do the assignment and post a JPEG of it to demonstrate a point.

sadaf: Then you are making progress? When can we see an image?

I think there was a misunderstanding:

ReMark : "Did you try to use a circle and trim it, instead of an arc?"

Meaning: "Here's a suggestion, in case you haven't tried it yet; make a circle and trim it with a line so that it becomes an arc."

Perceived as: "Did you make a stupid mistake, like use a circle instead of an arc?"

Sadaf : "No, I know the difference between a circle and arc.."

And it all went downhill from there.

"For god's sake" is meant to show frustration?

I suspect sadaf is defining a "circle" as a properly radiused curve, and an Arc as a bezier curve. It's the only thing I can conclude from that mess.

I agree...fascinating. Thanks Doctor Freud. Or is that Yung?

I did mean to say thanks for the link by the way. Very interesting design concept. Perhaps the OP found it as well.

I just didn't get how he thought he was going to draw this hotel in 3D without any dimensional data what-so-ever. Even doing a rough approximation would have taken some time and effort beyond what I sensed he was willing to put in. I wasn't too confident in his knowledge of AutoCAD either.

Yeah, they had that link, some of those pics posted at the beginning of the thread were from there.

I suspect that new folks don't understand that you don't "just" draw a building as an exercise. At least not in AutoCAD.. You need hard data to get the scaling to look right, even if you're just using "standard" data, like standard floor heights, and then approximating height and width from there.

Or tracing the top view, approximating the width and height of the floors, (perhaps based on pictures of the figures wandering around)... hint, hint..?