pick copied object from any point

Hi guys :) I am copying and pasting couple of details in the plan drawing, I remember there is a way to copy an item, paste it and when you have pasted an item, by holding down some buttons you can pick a different point of that copied item, I know a way to do that, but that automatically creates a block in the library by holding down Ctrl + Shift + C, then it will ask the pick point, that is what I want but I dont want to create a block, hope you can help, thanks :)

I'm not quite sure I understand.

You have copied and pasted an item from one drawing to another correct? Now you want to copy that same object again into several other locations in the drawing but use a different basepoint when you do?

yes, thats right, when I have pasted the object, while it's still selected and moving with cursor, I want to pick that copied item from different base point, does anyone knows a shortcut? sorry for confusion :)

It sounds like you want to change basepoints while still in the copy command. In other words you don't want to exit the command, start it again, and chose a different basepoint.

yes, thats the one I was talking about, but I am sure when I selected the item with ctrl + Shift + C and pasted it with ctrl + V ,.... I checked the library and it made that item as block, thanks anyway ;)

no, the block definition, it just gives it a random name, like A$C32D64RG4 something like that, and the block is there,