Layer colors

MichaelJ07

Does your company use specific colors for specific layers?

If not, what are your preferences for layer colors in your particular disciplines? In my drawings, I prefer red for those points that I want to bring special attention to. I might throw in some blues and greens and oranges just to make it interesting.

Anyhoo, what do some of you folks use?

we use cyan as a thicker line so the Outline layer is CYAN. The company standard says text should be yellow but if that is printed in colour it is impossible to read so most of us use green. We have a layer called FERRULES which which we use for wire markers (export to a label printer) and we set this to MAGENTA as it is quite obvious to see that the correct layer hass been used. All this may change soon as I am evaluating AutoCAD Electrical.

Yes we use different colours and linetypes for specific layers and use .ctb's to set the plotted line thickness by colour.

Its a long list but the basics-

outlines, yellow, 0.35mm, continuous

hidden, white,0.25, hidden

centrelines, red, 0.18, center

dimensions, white, 0.25, continuous

text, white, 0.25, continuous

existing; grey, 0.8, phantom

2D piping Isometric, cyan,0.5, continuous

etc.