dwg to jpeg etc

abitare

i have many drawings in dwg but wish to upload onto my website.............how can I convert a dwg file and retain its detail so it can be the same on my web page...........hope this makes sense.............have converted dwg to jpeg tiff gifff etc but it loses detail

Stevie................thankyou...I tried your suggestion.........doing it this way I still get a pixelated image which loses all detail..............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I need to upload work onto my new website that are presently dwg files. can dwg files be uploaded to a web page? when I convert to jpeg bmap tiff etc the detail is lost and becomes pixelated............any help or advice ............thankyou

If you are looking to have your drawings uploaded to your website I would recommend that you upload them as a PDF file, this allows the user to visualise the drawing without the need to open AutoCAD or any other draughting software.

PDF is viewable on all computers.

I would then have an option to download the .dwg file if required.

You could also try the printscreen button on your keyboard, and paste it into a photoshop-type program.

Just put it at the size you want to display it as, and then crop it down. That will eliminate distortion. If you want it bigger, stitch them together, or use PDF as stevsmith noted above.

I've had great success printing to *.pdf using Adobe Acrobat Pro.

The resulting *.pdf can be saved to a *.jpg or many other image formats. Works very well.

Below is a downsized image, downsized to post.

Difficult to read due to the reduced image size but, again I emphasize this is only for posting.

Tank_Tiedown.jpg

Have you tried Autodesk Butterfly? You can upload your DWGs, share them to your colleagues, and even collaborate with them. You even can do drawings and modifications online!

You need to register.. but it's free.

I'm glad you like it, Tankman :)

I'm not sure it will be free forever, however it's good to have it now. I like to use it for collaboration meeting, very cool ;)

Have you tried to invite more users?

Well you have to remember that all those formats are pixels and will never be as sharp as a vector image. Maybe have a jpeg as a thumbnail and then have it link to a PDF.

i have many drawings in dwg but wish to upload onto my website.............how can I convert a dwg file and retain its detail so it can be the same on my web page...........hope this makes sense.............have converted dwg to jpeg tiff gifff etc but it loses detail

You can post a dwg file to your wedpage. I just can't remember how it was done. It was many years ago, but it worked. I will think further on this and see if I can remember, but it definitely can be done, and it isn't that hard to do. :)

thankyou for your suggestions..........i've learnt how naive i've been with autocad............looks like its back to the drawing board .......literally.............thanks again cadtutor and the guys who've kindly responded

You can post a dwg file to your wedpage. I just can't remember how it was done. It was many years ago, but it worked. I will think further on this and see if I can remember, but it definitely can be done, and it isn't that hard to do. :)

You used to could embed the AutoDesk Whip! driver in html pages to display dwf files.

• 2 years later...

pirdik: JPGOUT was suggested in post #2 and tried by the OP who did not like how pixelated the image turned out. He then asked for further suggestions.

pirdik: JPGOUT was suggested in post #2 and tried by the OP who did not like how pixelated the image turned out. He then asked for further suggestions.

but that was 2 years ago. You know how things round off with age......