wheel drawing in A9Tech

endlasuresh

I am trying to draw this image and this is neither belongs to me but i am just trying to get knowledge how to draw.please let me know where should i start

the image is

In this image their are more circles so i need to get the pointer for centre.

give me some hints to start this

I am unable to post the image so i am attaching the image and the image is from tent dot in website

wheel.JPG

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• endlasuresh

• BearDyugin

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My way...

I normally put a couple of XLINEs down to mark my starting point and use the Intersection OSNAP but you can just draw your first CIRCLE and use the Centre OSNAP. Draw your first circle declaring its diameter (or radius) and keep repeating at each successive diameter. Once you have all your circles you can draw the trunion and TRIM the bits away that you don't want.

My way is not the only way of doing this though. :)

you can draw the side view first and the use construction lines for guidance for your plan view :) shouldnt have much problems i guess..

In fact, not the best picture to start learning AutoCAD. Very little data is a task for the designer, given the basic parameters, and the rest approximately.

I would suggest that something like this

cherchen1.jpg

thanks very much

I have drawn this rectangle but i need to make this rectangle into 4 parts then draw circles etc

now where should i start for this things.the circles radius dont know

end: Are we talking about the top view of the wheel image you posted above? You realize you do not have any dimensions for the rectangle (as you call it) only for the diameter of the circles and centerline dimensions. How did you draw the rectangle then?

The circle's radius is not given but its diameter is. AutoCAD's circle command will accept either input. The default is radius. Type "D" to for diameter then input your value.

So you got it figured out then?

no i am asking how to draw those 4 circles which are at 4 sides in rectangle.Is their any scaling i mean a scale which can be visible for document just like ms word ?

no i am asking how to draw those 4 circles which are at 4 sides in rectangle.Is their any scaling i mean a scale which can be visible for document just like ms word ?

The hole diameters are called out in the upper left view.

Do you use 1st or 3rd angle projection where you are at? The drawing provided is 1st angle projection so if you draw 3rd angle you will need to move the views and adjust the views accordingly.

th

The hole diameters are called out in the upper left view.

Do you use 1st or 3rd angle projection where you are at? The drawing provided is 1st angle projection so if you draw 3rd angle you will need to move the views and adjust the views accordingly.

thanks i seen their were but however i am not getting to start.I have did on paper while i was in college but on computer ccant understanding how to draw line or circle at exact position

first ill draw this two line under that rectangle let me know how to draw ?

sam.JPG

Very simply you could offset two adjacent lines (like at a corner) the required distances. Where they intersect is where the circle will be placed. Then use the mirror command to mirror the hole to the other side of the box. Use it again to mirror those two holes to the opposite side of the box. Got it?

By the way, draw everything FULL size in model space. Do not scale the drawing up or down for that matter. We'll worry about how to get the object printed on a sheet of paper "to scale" down the line.

Do you know the length and width of the box you are starting with?

Do you know how to use direct distance entry?

what you have said i understood but still i was not getting how to draw those lines from corners they should have draw from one corner to other as it is exactly

I am thinking you have said like this yfrog.com/jq96717216j

length is 140 and width is 80

is their tutorials for beginers on a9tech ?or any videos etc so may know commands how to use

To locate the center of the circle create an intersection by offsetting two lines. It might be the top line and the adjacent side line.

Please refer to the image below. It depicts the use of both the Offset command and Mirror command.

Offset and Mirror.jpg

Two adjacent lines are offset to create an intersection point for our circle.

Once you have one circle it can be mirrored.

Once you have two circles they can be mirrored as well. You can also use the Array command for the circles but if you're having trouble understanding Offset and Mirror I don't think you'll immediately grasp the Array command.

You can use the Fillet command to radius the corners if they need to be rounded.

Drawing lines exactly, corner to corner, requires the use of Ortho mode (for straight lines) and Snaps (for precise picks).

thanks mark

I am understanding manual drawing and autocad drawing

I am totally newbie to draw those lines.I tried all the way but didnt getting how to draw the lines horizontally and vertically by leaving space of 15 mm

here are some questions

I want to draw a straight line of 30 mm and after this i want to draw line from the 15 mm just like in this image

please give me full details including command

20halfnjhalfn.jpg

20halfnj

Line command: L (enter)

first point: 0,0

Second Point: @30

Then exit the command..

Next,

Line command: L (enter)

first point: mid (enter.. then select the middle of the line)

Second Point: @30

-----------------

or Coordinates only

-----------------

L (enter)

(then exit command)

Next,

L (enter)

---------------------

@30

MID is an "object snap"

Line coordinate points are X, Y (,Z)