Autocad Alert

rochel1280

Good day,

I always encounter this message (please see attached file for the message) everytime I open some file from other computer...I cannot open the drawing file and in order to open the file, I need to ask my officemate to "save as" the file.

How can I solve this problem?:)

AUTOCAD ALERT.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• rochel1280

• MikeScott

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What version of Windows are you running?

The nls files should be located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Example of a one such file: c_1252.nls.

The drawing files you are having the problem with come from where? Another company located in a different country?

im using windows vista...

I tried to scan my pc, but my pc doesnt have any problem.

This all started when my pc reformatted and re-install the Autocad,(but i still use windows vista same as before) since then if the file comes from other pc I cannot open the file, and I have to "save as" the file using other computer.. after the "save as" I can open the file to my pc..

hope you can help me solve this problem.

Did you try going to your control panel and double-clicking the regional settings, like the error message tells you to do?

Your scan isn't likey to detect a CAD virus by the way.

Remark's file "c_1252.nls" seems to be the once you need.. since it's directly noted in the error message.

It'd be interesting to try and open the file in another installation of AutoCAD (maybe install a triel verison of CAD on another system?) and see if it works there or not.

Don't send the file out to anyone here though.. if it IS infected, it'd be better to infect a trial version of CAD rather than a full install.

Sir,

The drawing was originated here in my place, (same country)..It doesnt come from other source, just within our area.

What country might that be?

KOREA

Have you checked for nls files on your computer?

yes sir, I already checked my pc and there is this file c_1252.nls for NSL.

Did you follow Mike Scott's suggest below?

"Did you try going to your control panel and double-clicking the regional settings, like the error message tells you to do?"

This makes no sense:

if the file comes from other pc I cannot open the file, and I have to "save as" the file using other computer.. after the "save as" I can open the file to my pc.

You said if the file comes from another pc then you can't open it, but if you open it on another computer and "Save As" then you can open it. The file is still coming from another pc, so what difference does it make if you save it or someone else saves it? :?

This still doesn't answer ReMark's question.

The drawing was originated here in my place, (same country)..It doesnt come from other source, just within our area.

Does it come from within your area or within your office? :unsure:

Also, what country are you in and what language pack are you using with Autocad?

So your workmate's computer can successfully open the file, and then when they "save as" it suddenly begins working for you.

This started happening when you reinstalled AutoCAD, meaning you never had the problem prior to that?

Seem to me you need to compare the contents of your workmate's autocad installation with your own installation. Are they using the same version of AutoCAD and the same operating system?

The solution will likely come when you reinstall AutoCAD though.

The Save As.... thing. It is probably saving into the drawing, a whole new copy of the references this guy doesn't have on his computer.

Sorry about the complete re-write of this post. I pasted some gibberish from my clipboard into it, and submitted without review. (Never do that to your boss)

The Save As.... thing. It is probably saving into the drawing, a whole new copy of the references this guy doesn't have on his computer.

Sorry about the complete re-write of this post. I pasted some gibberish from my clipboard into it, and submitted without review. (Never do that to your boss)

I would imagine that rather than that, it's changing the file so that it's not looking for the same thing anymore.

Originally, it's looking for a specific NLS file on the system. It's not finding that NLS file on the problem computer, but IS finding that file on the officemate's computer.

When THAT computer uses "save as" it's not looking for the original regional info of the original file anymore, it's looking for the local NLS which IS the one that the problem computer has.

(ie - the drawing file has been coverted to the same region as the problem computer.)

It's either that or the AutoCAD virus. Either way, a reinstall or repair, seems to be the fix for it. Unless you suspect your officemate's installation is SUPPOSED to be superior to yours and include files that yours doesn't?

Just save your drawing profiles and stuff so your customizations don't get flushed away.