Translate english to ?

wastewater

Is there a easy and nice way to translate the text in a drawing from English to another Language? We have a customer ther is requesting us to translate our drawings to Spanish. Well none of us speak or even spell in spanish.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks

basically, no.

you can feed them through on-line translators but to test this try some text to one language then back again. I bet you can't guess what the text originally said.

the only reliable way is sub it out to a translation service and even then you may need to give "context" for the more technical phrases.

Faced with a similar problem I wrote once a Lisp to export all the texts and their insert points in an Excel sheet. I sent that file to a nice lady working at the next office who placed the translation near to the original text, in the next column. With an other Lisp I've put the new texts back on the innitial positions, on a new layer.

The only thing I could suggest is what fuccaro suggested, get someone to do the translation for you, and type it out to an ascii file. That way you can copy/paste it into position.

On the other hand I could do it for you, for a price. Mi habla espanol. :)

Don't know where you are located, but here in Houston we used a company that did all of our translations for us. We had clients from Russia, Latin American companies, and Brazil and it definitely paid off to use the service.

• 5 years later...
  • 9 months later...