• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Numerics

• Dana W

• MikeScott

• Car5858

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Professors logic behind using limits is so you have a border around the drawing for notes or something.

I SHOULD be doing this.. I have a tendency (with 2d drawings) to do the drawing, and import other drawings for reference and/or for swiping details, or previous designs that we might go back to, etc. It turns into a real mess sometimes.

To show which drawing is "current" I always put a large square around the "active" drawing, and draw x's over the reference stuff... so there's no mistake. (I use a layer called "noplot" that's always red, and set to not plot.. it's my personal guidelines etc, and my "current box"..)

I suppose I COULD keep the active stuff in the limits area, and everything else outside of it. That would likely make more sense to someone wandering into my drawings and trying to make sense of them.

When a design is finalized, I clear all that out, but until then, there's often a lot of stuff there.

I SHOULD be doing this.. I have a tendency (with 2d drawings) to do the drawing, and import other drawings for reference and/or for swiping details, or previous designs that we might go back to, etc. It turns into a real mess sometimes.

To show which drawing is "current" I always put a large square around the "active" drawing, and draw x's over the reference stuff... so there's no mistake. (I use a layer called "noplot" that's always red, and set to not plot.. it's my personal guidelines etc, and my "current box"..)

I suppose I COULD keep the active stuff in the limits area, and everything else outside of it. That would likely make more sense to someone wandering into my drawings and trying to make sense of them.

When a design is finalized, I clear all that out, but until then, there's often a lot of stuff there.

You 'splain it mo' betta than me, but that is kinda what I do too, and I even draw a box around the good stuff, sometimes.

I worked for a guy once who insisted we keep pre-revision drawings IN the same drawing, framed and labeled. I guess he never quite caught on to the concept of Save as Smith Kitchen REV 3.