Hatch problem in AutoCad Architecture 2011

donzie67

I am having a problem when selecting a hatched object in 2011. It takes forever to do so. Did not have this problem in 2010. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a cure?

I am having a problem when selecting a hatched object in 2011. It takes forever to do so. Did not have this problem in 2010. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a cure?

Is your hatch very dense and/or very large? Is it on a layer with a really wide line width setting?

The closer to minimum size your graphics card is, the more this sort of stuff can be a problem. I had that issue a bit with my 2009. I don't even try to use ARSAND any more for that same reason except in areas less than 20 or so units square. I tried to hatch an area of about 12 acres with it and I thought I could smell my computer burning while Acad was off counting the sand.:lol:

This was a predefined solid hatch that I used in my title block back in 2002 that for some reason was not happy in 2007. I have to go into the block with block edit and select the patern type that is now "User-defined" and select "predefined" and then in patter chose "Solid". We now have changed the title of our division and I have to go into each title block and rename and redefine the hatch patern for out logo. I was getting use to it in 2010 as just another thing needing to be done. With 2011 it is the same thing needing to be done but now it takes 6 seconds longer for each block. With 1000's of blocks needing the same thing done it just became a longer project. I hope there is a solution to come soon.:(

This was a predefined solid hatch that I used in my title block back in 2002 that for some reason was not happy in 2007. I have to go into the block with block edit and select the patern type that is now "User-defined" and select "predefined" and then in patter chose "Solid". We now have changed the title of our division and I have to go into each title block and rename and redefine the hatch patern for out logo. I was getting use to it in 2010 as just another thing needing to be done. With 2011 it is the same thing needing to be done but now it takes 6 seconds longer for each block. With 1000's of blocks needing the same thing done it just became a longer project. I hope there is a solution to come soon.:(

Your Graphics card is OK, but you could check to see if your graphics driver is on this list for 2011.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/hc?siteID=123112&id=6711853&linkID=9240618&is_results=1&card_sel=0&manufac=4318&card=1038-4318&cert=0&d_stat=1&d_stat=2&prod=AutoCAD-R17.2&prod=AutoCAD-R18.0&prod=AutoCAD-R18.1&os=1&os=512&os=256&os=2048&os=4096&os=8192