Mtext Font

acad_user

Hi, I'm using ACAD 2009 and been using Mtext throughout two drawings, using ROMANS. SHX font throughout with no problem for months. Suddenly today the ROMANS font is showing up as Archquik. The "style" still reads as ROMANS when I "LIST" it, but when I use the "CHANGE" command and click on a specific string of text, the "content" in the "change" dialogue box now reads: (/Farchquik/cO; prior to the actual content of text string.

I specified Romans as "style" in mtext dialogue box and all has been fine until today. I've read a lot about the TT fonts, vs. the SHX fonts, but can't understand why this problem suddenly occurred after months of Romans working just fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

P.S. An addition to original mtext problem. When I use 'DDEDIT' command to change text in mtext dialogue box, I see "style" is properly set to ROMANS, but now the font box to the right reads as ARCHQUIK. It wasn't like that before now.

thanks again.

a pet hate of mine - fonts embedded in MTEXT.

your set up is correct, the style is still romans but a text modifier has crept in. People who don't understand text style often add the font information into MTEXT and mess it up for everybody else. My guess is that the font button got clicked accidentally at some stage and has added the first font in the list. If that is not the case I don't know how it has happened.

Is this happening on all drwaings or on just an isolated one. And are you sole worker on the problem drawing(s)?

There are several ways to correct this, the simplest being to explode the MTEXT. It then reverts to DTEXT but loses font information. Alternatively you can dedit each piece of text to remove the font information or correct it to ROMANS. Alternatively look in the LIST section of this forum as I think a routine was written recently.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I am the sole drafter on all drawings in our office. No one else knows how to use Autocad.

The problem is happening on all interior elevations drawings (3 dwgs) but not on any of the floor plans. I do keep a close eye on the "font" box in mtext dialogue box whenever I create new mtext, because I know of this problem, but it has never read as Archquik before yesterday. Even when I try ddedit on a piece of the mtext, and change the font back to Romans in mtext dialogue box, the text remains Archquik. When I "list" it, it still reads as Romans style.

So how can three drawings (one of which I haven't opened in three weeks), suddenly have this odd problem? Is Mtext just a poorly constructed command, because I've seen lots of threads on other websites about this problem. It seems like some wierd glitch that is perhaps not even operator error (especially given the problem is only on three drawings and one of those has not been open in weeks).

Later....I think I just solved it, albeit with a simple but extreme move. I just deleted Archquik (a font that tortures me anyways) from my entire computer and all the mtext reverted back to RomanS. The "font" box in mtext still reads as archquik, but the text itself looks like RomanS. Annoying, but the best I could do.

Any thoughts?

I am not clever enough for custom lisp routines, and although I do send our drawings out to structural engineers, etc, I never input their info into my drawings. Too many bad possibilities.

Here's a nice addition to the madness. In another drawing completely, I used Mtext to create the symbol for "centerline" and even though the style was set to Romans and the font corroborated the romans, the "centerline" symbol came out wierd. When I used ddedit to check, the font was now reading the dreaded "ISOCPEUR" font, whatever that clunky font is. When I create a regular string text with Mtext (i.e. not a "symbol") it comes out RomanS just fine.

No one else uses my drawings. I don't send them out or input other people's stuff into any drawings ever. It's like a mad genie's got ahold of my mtext command. It's the only logical conclusion.

I can't find that to be the case, and as I said, I have used the romans font for years with no problem, just yesterday it all went funny. Now mtext will give me a random font when making a centerline symbol, but romans font when I create a string of regular mtext. I have checked all the "style" font settings and they are all set correctly, with font as Romans in style Romans. It really seems like an mtext glitch, especially that "symbol" issue I mention above. I have not had a chance to look at lisp goodies above, but will asap.

I can't find that to be the case, and as I said, I have used the romans font for years with no problem, just yesterday it all went funny. Now mtext will give me a random font when making a centerline symbol, but romans font when I create a string of regular mtext. I have checked all the "style" font settings and they are all set correctly, with font as Romans in style Romans. It really seems like an mtext glitch, especially that "symbol" issue I mention above. I have not had a chance to look at lisp goodies above, but will asap.

Could you post an example drawing?

• 1 month later...