Print to PDF in landscape

salmonrose

I am trying to plot a A1 size drawing to PDF in landscape.

The following is what I did.

I created a PDF_A1_Landscape.pc3 which specified paper size as A1. Opened the pc3 file and Under "Device and Document Settings", I clicked the "Custom Properties" button. In the "Adobe PDF Document Properties" window, there are 3 tabs. Under "Layout" tab, I selected Landscape. Under "Adobe PDF Settings" tab, I selected A1 for page size. Since there is no save botton, I clicked OK to close the .pc3 file.

Q1: After the above, I opened the .pc3 file again. However, the "Source and Size" is still shown as Letter instead of A1. How come?

Q2: In AutoCAD Plot window, there is a small diagram showing the dimention of the selected paper size and whether it is landscape or portrait. When I select my .pc3 file, it shows as portrait even though I've choosen Landscape in the .pc3 setting.

More info:

My drawing is landscape and I selected landscape under "Drawing orientation" (bottom right corner) in the Plot window when I plot in AutoCAD.

I am really confused with plotting with Adobe. Please help.

Thanks.

A1: You have to filter the range of paper sizes to only the one(s) you want to use. Try this:

1) Click "Properties" button from Plot window

2) Click "Device and Document Settings" tab

3) Navigate down the list under the pc3 you created: "NAME.pc3" -> User-defined Paper Sizes and Calibration -> Filter Paper Sizes -> in the "Size" window, uncheck all sizes except for A1

4) Click OK, then OK. Then Source/Size should be defaulted to A1.

A2: The plot window and paper dimensions will also be correct after doing this.

FYI, another quick (but temporary) solution is to simply choose change both the plotter and paper size manually from their respective drop-down menus on the Plot Window, then hit plot.