Arabic PDF problem

robincallear

:(I have a problem with a drawing I have created in AutoCAD LT 2008.

The drawing has English text in Arial regular TTF.

I have copied Arabic text from a spread sheet, highlighted the English text in Acad and pasted the Arabic over it.

The result is good and reads as per the spread sheet.

When I then copy it as a PDF (I have tried several writers for this) and go to the preview page it reads correctly.

When I actually create the PDF and open it the text changes from the original and (I am told as I can’t read or speak Arabic) becomes unreadable.

I have run out of ideas and hope someone out there might be able to shed some light on the problem.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Did you try Adobe Acrobat Professional for PDF plotting? I think it should work for you.

I remember having a similar sort of issue while working on Microsoft Office. I had a few Word documents that were written in Urdu. The documents displayed the Urdu font correctly but when the files were converted to PDF, the words got "dismembered"! :lol:

I experimented with most of the free PDF converters, that I could find, but without luck. Finally, it was only Adobe's Acrobat Professional that could convert the script flawlessly, but unlike the other converters this one is not free... :glare:

I guess they have a trial version that you may try out... :geek:

Best of luck.

urdu_font.jpg