AfraLISP v2.0 Launches

CADTutor

As some of you long-timers will know, 4 years ago I managed to save the AfraLISP site from certain death and have been hosting it ever since. The site has been in need of an overhaul for some time and a few months ago I began the process of upgrading the content to modern website standards and it's now ready to see at the same address (www.afralisp.net). I'm about half-way through converting Kenny's original tutorials to the new design but the whole of the original site is still available via an Archive link on the new site.

The reason for posting is that:

1. I'd like some feedback on the new site design and layout.

2. I'd like to know your thoughts about the future of the site. There was talk a few years ago about a wiki for AutoCAD programming and whilst that is easy to implement, I'd need some help in providing the content - well, a wiki is a community project...

Any other thoughts welcome. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADTutor

• alanjt

• rkmcswain

• leigh_elkins

The site does look great - I'm glad that it has been updated, I got really fed up of having to change the colour scheme in Firefox just to properly view it. Thanks for all your hard work to update it David, it is appreciated indeed.

A 'wiki' for AutoCAD programming would be great IMO, as so much knowledge could be shared, with the burden of updating the site not falling on only one person's shoulders.

Lee

Much appreciated. As I normally use Firefox, I especially like not needing to open IE to view the site.

Ah yes, and to redress the balance for you FF users, I've added some nice CSS3 effects that are not available to those viewing the site in IE. FF users get to see some drop shadows and rounded corners - subtle but nice.

Fantastic setup David.

Now with all the time we'll save not having to change the color settings to view AfraLISP, we can spend more farting around here.

A 'wiki' for AutoCAD programming would be great

I came across a LISP wiki a year or so ago (all I remember of it were a plethora of old routines), but don't remember the link.:unsure:

That is the site I have been studying (along with CadTutor, of course) as I try to learn Lisping! I had no idea the two sites were under the same management.

1. I love the layout. Was very easy for a newbie like myself to navigate. I give it a "10"!

2. I have no idea what a "Wiki" is. :P

Well done!

doug

As some of you long-timers will know, 4 years ago I managed to save the AfraLISP site from certain death and have been hosting it ever since. The site has been in need of an overhaul for some time and a few months ago I began the process of upgrading the content to modern website standards and it's now ready to see at the same address (www.afralisp.net). I'm about half-way through converting Kenny's original tutorials to the new design but the whole of the original site is still available via an Archive link on the new site.

The reason for posting is that:

1. I'd like some feedback on the new site design and layout.

2. I'd like to know your thoughts about the future of the site. There was talk a few years ago about a wiki for AutoCAD programming and whilst that is easy to implement, I'd need some help in providing the content - well, a wiki is a community project...

Any other thoughts welcome. :)

I stopped by there yesterday and I thought it was arranged nicely, But it was not as complete as the previous site. I saw that there was a provision to view the old site. I hope that many of the tutorials will still remain as I like to refer back to them at times. I am just glad that the site is still around just the same.

Great job David

I stopped by there yesterday and I thought it was arranged nicely, But it was not as complete as the previous site. I saw that there was a provision to view the old site. I hope that many of the tutorials will still remain as I like to refer back to them at times. I am just glad that the site is still around just the same.

Great job David

I still have a stack of AfraLISP tutorial printouts on my bathroom reading shelf. Good study material when trying to work through something while in the 'office'.

LoL Too much information? :P

Great job David

Yep, my work there is not finished yet. I've converted around half of Kenny's tutorials and the others will follow in the next few months. The entire old site can still be viewed at www.afralisp.net/archive