Can you change colors of models from 3d warehouse?

exodusms

Say I download a model of a chair from 3d warehouse. Is there anyway I can change the colors of the chair cushion or any part of it?

If so how would I got about doing it? Thank you so much for the help.

Yes you can change anything you want. SketchUp models do not have the ability to be "locked out". It is as simple as editing the group or component that was created.

I have noticed you can change any part.

However, the major issue I have is I created a room and found a chair I like. To save myself some time I copy and pasted that same chair throughout the room. Now every time I try to edit one of the chairs it makes the same changes to all the copy/pasted chairs. Is there any way to isolate just one?

Ah, gotcha.

Right click and choose "Make Unique". Note that if there are any nested components you will need to do those as well. For example if there is a pillow component within the chair, make it unique to the other pillows as well.