2D Section Styles Help

cadgal

Hello

I have a building model that I am cutting sections for. The 2D section Styles that I have attached is "2D section Style 96" (it came with the program). This is what tells it what weights and such each line should be.

I cut two sections, and for some reason, one is much lighter than the other, but I created them identically.

I have attached a jpeg to show what I"m talkign about. The top one is much to light. Actually, now that I print it, I notice it's so light you can't even see it! But it's there, (and no, it's not a no-plot layer lol)

thanks!

Temp01476.jpg

I don't beleive screening is on 2004.. sorry.. I'm not much help.

I can't think of anything else that might do this as I'm unfamiliar with the section style thing you used.

Can you check what layers the lines are on, to ensure they're on the same layers and suchlike?

Ugh.. just realized what section your question is in.. just disregard.. I'm not familiar with the Vertical products. I was using the "quick links" to find new posts. Sorry about that.

did you check to see that the plot style is set to the AIA standard? The default lineweights set in the section and elevation styles are based on the AIA layer standard.

I think I have it 'good enough" for now. I need it to use our standard stb file. It just seems strange that a section cut one way would be different than a section cut another way.

I"m still learning so I'm sure at some point I'll have an "aha!" moment about what I was doing wrong.

thanks!

I think I have it 'good enough" for now. I need it to use our standard stb file. It just seems strange that a section cut one way would be different than a section cut another way.

I"m still learning so I'm sure at some point I'll have an "aha!" moment about what I was doing wrong.

thanks!

your welcome :) Welcome to the learning curve of ACA lol its a steep one. You might need to set up your own custom section style to meet your linetype needs. It is not all to hard once you figure out how to assign your construct items colors to line weights once the 2d section / elevation is cut.

When setting up our office styles, I had to completely throw all of the out of box styles to match the line weights and layer names the office uses.

Ask as many questions as you need, there are quite a few regular ACA users that fly around these forums :)