Problem Editing Sketch

BSC_Intern

What I was trying to do was just for the hell of it, was make a wheel. I made the sketch of what I wanted the first 'hole' to look like. I then used the circular pattern to make six holes total. I now only want there to be 5 holes. When I go back to edit the sketch, no where does is show that I used a circular pattern to make that. All I want to do is go from 6 holes, down to 5 on the pattern itself. What can I do to edit this circular pattern? Thank you.

Well the best way to approach this(in the future) is to draw one of your "cut outs" exit the sketch, perform the extrude or loft or whatever operation you are using. Then do a circular array of that. It will be much easier to control.

BUT since its done, if you right click on one of the objects in the pattern(not the original) you should see edit pattern.

editpattern.jpg

Well the best way to approach this(in the future) is to draw one of your "cut outs" exit the sketch, perform the extrude or loft or whatever operation you are using. Then do a circular array of that. It will be much easier to control.

BUT since its done, if you right click on one of the objects in the pattern(not the original) you should see edit pattern.

I totally agree Shift... If the sketch is already extruded then changing the array pattern in the sketch will give inventor problems re-creating the original extrusion... Trying to cram to much into your sketches can give you big problems later.

I would have used a single point in a new sketch and the hole feature to create the first one then array the feature. This will allow you to make changes in the diameter as well as the location and number in the array without problems.

KC