Double Trouble! (Help on Double Doors Drawing)

Numerics

The extra circle is for the R1.875 in the center. We'll need this later

We will need to create a circle with a radius that is the distance from the center to the circle at the far right (on the CONST layer).

This will give us the center of the the geometry on the right side. Once we have that we can start creating the geometry on the right.

You should have something like this:

Step2.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Numerics

• TimSpangler

• ReMark

• Rebel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the image above we can now create the circles on the right side at the point were the line meets the circle.

Yes! just like that

Check your private messages Tim ^^, but i will be back shortly, PM me your aim/msn/gtalk or whatever if you would like to, that is, I really appreciate all the help you're giving me, i just need to leave for a little bit, i really wish i didn't have to, so i could finish this ^^, but :(

Hi All!

DANA, are you out there?! :shock:

Me? Why? I'm just a beginner with a big mouth and enough knowledge to get into trouble.

Sorry I didn't see this until you had to leave.

The experts have you well in hand. I will only make one comment for now, but you will have to save it for the next part. The guys are right about that door thingy. The assignment is merely to draw a "Door Symbol". The example already looks just as it should. It only needs to be a representative marker for where a door should be placed on an architectural plan, and your walls should look just as they do, no materials such as masonry, doorknobs, hinges, panels or anything. You can make it a block, if you like, to impress the prof. The block should not include the walls, if you do, and make the insertion point dead center of the doors on an imaginary line projected across the opening along the side of the wall where the doors open.

Looks like you are catching on pretty well.

The symbol could have an attribute attached so it could be changed upon insertion.

That would be great except

well i am not that savvy yet, i started my class about 3 weeks ago lol :|

I don't think Numerics is quite ready for attributes yet :wink: