Double Trouble! (Help on Double Doors Drawing)

Numerics

Hi All!

I have an assignment that my Instructor decided to make harder by leaving specific things for us to decide, rather than give us guidelines, which is fine I guess, but i am kinda lost.

I'm not asking anyone to do it for me, I would just like some guidance and clarification, I'd greatly appreciate it. :love:

I really think i need a regular contact to help me through this stuff, I.E. MSN/AIM/GTalk.

DANA, are you out there?! :shock:

elevd.png

There are many different ways to create geometry. This example may not be the best nor the fastest, but it works, is easy to understand, and is accurate.

Draw the double door symbol. Use A size paper and create the double door symbol. Use figure 6.27 on page 156 as a guide, making the wall sections 6" thick, and the doors 2'-6" wide. YOU need to determine the limits (remember, do NOT scale the geometry). YOU need to determine what layers to create.

Since the dimensions on this symbol were intentionally vague, it was up to you to create the symbol. In a case like this try setting an appropriate object snap, and creating your geometry in such a way you can use the snap points. In this example several construction lines (red) were first created, all on snap points. Using the construction lines will insure the two arcs will be the same size. Next use the 3 point arc option to create the two arcs as needed. Don't be afraid to create construction lines. Construction geometry is very easy to delete, or you can simply turn the construction layer off.

like i stated earlier in my post, i do not want anyone to do it for me obviously, just a little help ^.^.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Numerics

• TimSpangler

• ReMark

• Rebel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What specific questions do you have?

Obviously you'll have a layer for the walls and another for the doors plus one for your dimensions.

Yea, pretty much that, the layers, it specified that i could use a previous drawing that i used in another unit, but it doesn't say which one...

I'll try to figure it out from here, but m ost likely, i am going to be back >.

Thank you!

Are these wood or metal doors?

Do you need to adjust the opening to include the wood or metal door casings?

I am not entirely sure, It wasn't specified, regarding what type of material it would be, basically all that i listed in my opening post is what i was given. :unsure: Sorry

References you may wish to consult:

Architectural Graphic Standards by Ramsey & Sleeper.

Architectural Design & Drafting by Jefferis & Madsen.

Technical Graphics Communication by Bertoline & Webe.

How to Build a House by Haun.

Residential Framing by Sterling.

Just to name a few.

OK. Are the walls going to be wood framed or masonry (brick/block)?

lol that wasn't specified either, can i um.. *whisper* can i make that part up? :huh:

References you may wish to consult:

Architectural Graphic Standards by Ramsey & Sleeper.

Architectural Design & Drafting by Jefferis & Madsen.

Technical Graphics Communication by Bertoline & Webe.

How to Build a House by Haun.

Residential Framing by Sterling.

Just to name a few.

are those books? or articles? i'd read them if they were articles or what not.

because this is just for an assignment due on wednesday (tomorrow).

Are you looking for a break down on the steps to create them?

(i remember the rocker arm from waaaayyyy back) still a great example)

They are all books. The first one should be on every wanna-be architect's bookshelf.

The assignment is due tomorrow? Then you have no time to waste do you. Better start drawing...now.:lol:

Are you looking for a break down on the steps to create them?

(i remember the rocker arm from waaaayyyy back) still a great example)

YES! that would be great!

Well lets start with the easy one....The Rocker.

Start with the layers, determine the needed layers. How many do "you" think you need?

Well lets start with the easy one....The Rocker.

Start with the layers, determine the needed layers. How many do "you" think you need?

ummm.... 2?

edit: wait, do i have to create two seperate drawings? or do i do both of these on the same sheet?

With the given information, I count 3 not including the border (if you need one).

Object

Dimension

Construction

That is up to you. Personally I would create 2. I thought it said to create the door symbol on A size paper (it didn't say any thing about the rocker)

Everything will go on one drawing. All objects should be drawn full size in model space.

You're creating a "symbol" (i.e. - a block) right?

Everything will go on one drawing. All objects should be drawn full size in model space.

You're creating a "symbol" (i.e. - a block) right?

i dunno :cry: