ACAD Electrical non-responsive commands

98special

I'm running a deployed (network-administrated) version of AutoCad Electrical 2007. Certain commands, primarily those found in the 'Projects' pull-down menu, are un-responsive. For instance, when I select 'Project-wide utilities', this is what happens:

Command:

Project-Wide functions

Error: quit / exit abort

This is what I get for 'Title block setup':

Command:

Title Block Setup

Command:

'Drawing Properties' responds correctly with the dialog box, but when you dig into it and select 'Define Layers' on the Drawing Format tab, nothing at all happens.

Also, on a related note, my 'Projects' pull-down menu has no sub-menu triggers.

I've tried fruitlessly to mess with CUI files, config files and .dcl files. I've even had the IT guy un-install and re-install the software. Noone else on the network is experiencing these issues. HELP!

Please don't tell me this is what I have to look forward to. I just downloaded and installed the 30-day trial of AutoCAD Electrical 2011. So far I've had one icon that hasn't been responsive and I can't figure out why. Wish I could help but I'm still in learning phase myself.

Woo Hoo!

I opened the file 'wd.env' in an ASCII text editor. In it, I edited the paths to point to the correct network locations. Saved and exited. Restarted ACADE.

Everything works well now except for the lack of sub-menu triggers in the 'Projects' pull-down menu.

Congrats. That makes YOU the expert now. I'll be back with a wheelbarrow full of questions tomorrow. You better get some sleep as you will be one very busy person answering them all!

Since you are on a network deployed environment, could the projects area be an access rights issue? Do you need your userid pumped up a level?

In our work environment, general users like myself have full control over all of the various directories which AutoCad references. Finding and modifying support files is not a problem.

I think the issue originated when the IT guy moved our network over to a different server. When that happens, addresses and paths that are buried in little miscellaneous support files may need to be updated.