Advanced Dynamic Block for RC column Reinforcement

marav

Hi

I am trying to create a dynamic block for detailing RC columns.

As you can see i added a 12mm stirrup and a bar at each corner.

I have made the 4 bars to be chosen by list (14,16,18,20,25mm) and the stirrup to be either real or axial mode...

Also the size of the column is dynamic with step 50mm.

Is there a way to add dynamic cover parameter (now is 25mm)?

Also is there a way to make the stirrup dynamic (choose between 8,10,12mm)?

Finally is there a way to create the rest of the bars by inputing the number of bars for horizontal and vertical edge?

Thank you!!!

ColumnBlock.dwg

Hi

I am trying to create a dynamic block for detailing RC columns.

As you can see i added a 12mm stirrup and a bar at each corner.

I have made the 4 bars to be chosen by list (14,16,18,20,25mm) and the stirrup to be either real or axial mode...

Also the size of the column is dynamic with step 50mm.

Is there a way to add dynamic cover parameter (now is 25mm)?

Also is there a way to make the stirrup dynamic (choose between 8,10,12mm)?

Finally is there a way to create the rest of the bars by inputing the number of bars for horizontal and vertical edge?

Thank you!!!

I managed everything but to create the rest of the bars...

i tried using array action but 1st of all doesn't work and 2nd it can only use standard column/row space... I want to find a way to input the number of bars per side and equally distribute it!

Is that even possible?

I attach the latest attempt! :)

Please Help!!! :)

ColumnBlock2.dwg

I don't understand what you are talking about not being in construction but I do have experience of dynamic blocks. Are either of the blocks you have posted dynamic? I only get ordinary blocks when I open them.

They are both parametric blocks indtroduced in autocad 2010...

I really dont think there is a way to do what i want without parametric...

What i am trying to do now is to make a linear array but with a variable column space... Is there a way to do this? lets say when you insert the block to ask you the column space or the number of clones.

I managed to make such an array using visability but its to much trouble!!!

I ll upload it next to see what i mean.

Thank you for your respond.

ah - I don't have 2010 so the parametric bit isn't coming through. I was surprised I could open it though as I though 2010 introduced the new file structure.

I have to say I have found the array function very frustrating. It doesn't always do what I expect it to and it won't do some of the things I want. In otehr words, I don't think you can introduce a variable spacing - certainly I haven't found a way with 2008.

ah - I don't have 2010 so the parametric bit isn't coming through. I was surprised I could open it though as I though 2010 introduced the new file structure.

I have to say I have found the array function very frustrating. It doesn't always do what I expect it to and it won't do some of the things I want. In otehr words, I don't think you can introduce a variable spacing - certainly I haven't found a way with 2008.

I save my work in 2007 format because most of the PCs here have Autocad 2009.

i attach a dwg with 2 blocks...

the bar series has dynamic properties so you will propably see it.

the main idea is to have 2 circles with linear parameter so that you can move one circle to change the distance between them (easy part) and then equaly distribute circles between the 1st two.

In my block we can do that but its too much trouble!!! i used visability option to define the number of circles!

Any other ideas???

ColumnBlock3.dwg

I still can't open that drawing to find any dynamic attributes. It would appear that having used a parametric parameter in the block it will not open in 2008 with any dynamic parameters. Can others in your office open this file and still have the dynamic properties visible or is it just my installation?

I still can't open that drawing to find any dynamic attributes. It would appear that having used a parametric parameter in the block it will not open in 2008 with any dynamic parameters. Can others in your office open this file and still have the dynamic properties visible or is it just my installation?

try this one

bar series.dwg

I can open that one!

However, I can't see a way around your problem. You have got further than me though, I would have given up long before I had that many move options :)

Out of interest, have you used a completly new set for each visibility state or does the middle blob appear in every even numbered set? (I know I could look but I'm feeling lazy right now).